Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Aug. 24th- end of Sept. Vietnam & Cambodia. Itinerary help :)

• rsthomas

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2008

Greetings!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post. I am so excited!! For many years I have yearned to travel through Southeast Asia but have been held down by work. This year I finally said, "no more"...I am going darnit! And that is exactly what I am doing :) I am going to be traveling the 1st leg of my trip July 31st with two buddies from NY and SF. We are flying into Denpasar, Bali and staying for two weeks. From Bali, we fly into Bangkok and are going to head to Chiang Mai from there, then over to Laos. For that portion of my journey, we will be moving pretty fast seeing as we have to pack all of that traveling in before they fly back August 24th.

Once my buddies leave August 24th, I am on my own. From Laos I plan to solo mission (unless one of you reading this wants to travel with me:) through Vietnam and Cambodia. I am a bit overwhelmed because the countries are so big and there are so many amazing places to see and visit. I know I cannot possibly do all of Vietman and Cambodia in one month. I would love it if any of you veteran Southeast Asia backpackers could give me the best possible scenario for Vietnam and Cambodia once I leave Laos. Remember, I want to complete the Vietnam and Cambodia portion in one month. So if you could give me the raddest possible itinerary, where all the secret/amazing spots are and the "absolutely must sees", it would be sooooooo greatly appreciated:)

I am traveling on "backpacker shoestring" budget, so any cool hostels or campsites, restaurants, etc that you can recommend would be amazing!! Thank you so so much...I look for to hopefully meeting some of you like minded adventurers out on the trail. Many blessings and love from Los Angeles, California.

Ross

#1 Posted: 11/7/2008 - 00:35

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Ross,

The best place to start is the suggested itinerary section as that will give you an idea of how long it takes to get between places and also point you in the right direction regarding what is worth seeing.

#2 Posted: 12/7/2008 - 06:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Solo Thailand trip (and elsewhere) Aug 10th-Sept 24th 2012 ... By andrefuture on 23 Jul 2012 5 5009 18 Aug 2012
F 22, Vietnam/Cambodia/Thailand end of july to Sept ... By cajaquiss on 23 Feb 2012 7 1427 26 Jul 2012
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia Sept 2012 ... By RC2012 on 5 Apr 2012 4 6930 6 Apr 2012
Irish female travelling to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Thailand June-Sept ... By mibbles on 2 May 2011 25 5189 22 Feb 2012