Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hue to Hoi An

• blackcap

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2008

Hi there

My wife and I are traveling to Vietnam December and January. We have been quoted anything from $US80 to $135 for a private transfer between Hue and Hoi An. Does anyone know what we should expect to pay for door-to-door service? Alternatively, are there any mini-vans that perform that service at a cheaper price.

Cheers, Black Cap

#1 Posted: 3/8/2008 - 11:12

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I did the reverse car trip in March and paid $60. for a private trip. I think I would wait and approach your hotel. You know, if you're staying in expensive places, the price will be higher. I asked my hotel (the 2* Dai Long in Hoi An, and they got me the $60. car). It is not necessry to spend a great deal for accommodations, but you must pick carefully. The most I ever paid was $35. in Hanoi ($13. in Sapa, and $9. in Can Tho). - prices have gone up since then about 25%. Travelfish has excellent hotel recs (that's where I got the Dai Long), as does Tripadvisor, Travellerspoint and Hostelworld (LP does not!)

#2 Posted: 4/8/2008 - 01:20

• blackcap

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2008

Thanks Daawgon, that's helpful.

All the best, BC

#3 Posted: 4/8/2008 - 13:49

• blackcap

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2008

Thanks Daawgon, that's helpful.

All the best, BC

#4 Posted: 4/8/2008 - 13:49

• berendino

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2008

Hi There
    I posted this as a review for Thanh Thuy's guesthouse:

Thang,his wife and his mother run a little six-room guesthouse in a tiny alley in Hue. (for price indication (july 2008): a double room with aircon $6)Its very clean and safe. They serve a very good breakfast for 20.000 dong.A lot of restaurants are very close. Thang and his friend Hien know very good places(pagoda's and tombs) in and around Hue. They take you on their mopeds for a few dollars for a sightsiing. They can also bring you (with your backpacks for $ 30 per person) to Hoi - An on their mopeds. Between Hue and Hoi An they show you a lot of nice things.(places non-touristic). If you call ahead they get you from the trainstation or the airport.
    berendino

#5 Posted: 10/8/2008 - 18:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.