Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hanoi Guesthouse

• berendino

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2008

Located on 14 Bat Su street (in the old quarter) the Hanoi guesthouse is a convienient guesthouse. They have a few small rooms, but if they are full they know good guesthouses and hotels in the neighbourhood against good prices. Ms. Ling, Ms. Chang and Mr. Zung know a lot of Hanoi and can arrange good excursions to Halong, Sapa and Nam Coc/Hoa Lu. They offer a good breakfast and they offer you a room for a shower if you are coming back from excursions and travel further the same day.

#1 Posted: 10/8/2008 - 18:12

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I made reservations with Hanoi Guesthouse a good six months in advance on the recommendation of two friends, however, upon arrival my reservation was not held, and I was taken elsewhere. It seems that this is normal practice at HG, as I've heard others complain about the same practice. In addition, they promised to pick me up at Hanoi airport, and this service was never done. Why bother making reservations at all for this place? The real problem is that the tourist must waste his time looking for other accommodations.

#2 Posted: 10/8/2008 - 23:08

• berendino

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2008

Hi daawgon
    We contacted Hanoi Gh by phone two days for our arrival. As agreed there was a taxi at the airport who brought us to HG. HG is a small Gh with I think 6 rooms, so very fast full. We got a room at the Prince2 hotel.I think the room was better than the room I saw at HG and this for the same price.Of course can things go wrong, but our experiense was positiv.

#3 Posted: 11/8/2008 - 00:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.