Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Chosing a cloth shop in Hoi An

• berendino

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2008

Hi
    My wife and I stayed a few days in Hoi An in july 2008. Hoi An has a lot of cloth shops. The question was where should we go? In restaurants and hotels you get a lot of cards.Of course, i think, they get commission. Yali cards we got most. So we ordered short pants at Yali, and the sameone at a shop at 50 Tran Hung Dao treet( we walked along and got inside). Yali asked after bargaining $18 and nr.49 $11. Nr 50 pants were very good in one time. To Yali we had to go 4 times back and asked our money back. We think its the best way to try a few shops before buying a lot of close in one store.

#1 Posted: 10/8/2008 - 18:40

• Advertisement

• LLLUCY

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2008

Forget the tailors in Hoi An . If your going to have clothes made go to Bangkok and get the job done right. Just because there are many tailors there it doesn't mean they are good. I have yet to see anything being made there that looked good. Believe me I checked for 3 days. The prices will be about the same in Thailand and your will be happier with your clothes.
    I met several people who told me that their tailors in Hoi An charged them extra for fixing mistakes that the tailors made. UNheard of in my book.

#2 Posted: 1/9/2008 - 23:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.