Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Chosing a cloth shop in Hoi An

Posted by berendino on 10/8/2008 at 18:40

Hi
My wife and I stayed a few days in Hoi An in july 2008. Hoi An has a lot of cloth shops. The question was where should we go? In restaurants and hotels you get a lot of cards.Of course, i think, they get commission. Yali cards we got most. So we ordered short pants at Yali, and the sameone at a shop at 50 Tran Hung Dao treet( we walked along and got inside). Yali asked after bargaining $18 and nr.49 $11. Nr 50 pants were very good in one time. To Yali we had to go 4 times back and asked our money back. We think its the best way to try a few shops before buying a lot of close in one store.

#1 berendino has been a member since 10/8/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by LLLUCY on 1/9/2008 at 23:27

Forget the tailors in Hoi An . If your going to have clothes made go to Bangkok and get the job done right. Just because there are many tailors there it doesn't mean they are good. I have yet to see anything being made there that looked good. Believe me I checked for 3 days. The prices will be about the same in Thailand and your will be happier with your clothes.
I met several people who told me that their tailors in Hoi An charged them extra for fixing mistakes that the tailors made. UNheard of in my book.

#2 LLLUCY has been a member since 22/4/2008. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.