Vietnam forum

Need to find what to do in Nha Trang?

• flamingosui-
    tes

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2008
    Location Canada

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can ask me questions here, I will reply the best that I can. I am an expats living in Vietnam since 4 years (2 years in Nha Trang now) and I know the city very well.

All questions are ok.

Nicolas

#1 Posted: 13/9/2008 - 00:18

• Advertisement

• juniorc

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2008

hi flamingo we're visiting nha trang next year . whats best time to visit where should we stay whats beaches like how much is a bottle of beer how much for a meal for two and what is the best way to travel from saigon.cheers junior from glasgow scotland

#2 Posted: 13/9/2008 - 21:35

• flamingosui-
    tes

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2008
    Location Canada

Junior,

Here your answer.
    1) the best time ti come to Nha Trang would be April-May and June; just before the Vietnamese vacation. After that, July-August, it is good too but the town is crowded.

2)There is many accommodation in town (over 400) so you have many choice of hotels with different pricing. Cheap hotel (some are good) can be around 8-14 USD, Cheap on the beachfront street go for 12-25 in high season (again some are good, other not so) Mid range hotels goes between 30-70 USD (there you can expect some of quality) Higher than that, well I don't know but generally they are good. The major problem with most of VN hotels is that the staff can't communicate well with their guests and they often have hard time to fufill their needs. My hotel, the Ha Van Hotel is well appreciate for that, we know what our guests needs and we can recommend many things to do and many places to eat (and not just the tourist stuffs).

The beach in town are mostly ok in the morning but can be thrashy in the afternoon. South and North of Nha Trang are where the good beach are (see Bai Dai Beach,in the FREE NHA TRANG GUIDE on my website.

Beer can be as cheap as 2 for 1.50 USD (local beers) and around 2 USD a bottle for a Heineken in a restaurant.

To eat it depends, but for two in a VN restaurant, set aside around 10 USD to eat and drink like a KING and about 15-20 USD in a foreign own restaurant.

To travel from Saigon to Nha Trang , the best is the plane at around 90 USD/pax. It's take 55 minutes plus tranfer time (15-20 USD for taxi). By Train with a 4 beds cabin the cost is around 16 USD. 8-9 hours for the ride in the night(highly recommended!). I would not go by buses (it is more risky) but a place on a bus with bed is around 7-8 USD and the ride is about 8-10 hours.

For things to do in Nha Trang and where to eat, please consult my website(follow the link at the end of this message) Please note that I add things regularly. To finish, there is some peoples who write on Tripadvisor that they could not understand why we were #1...well we don't pretend to be the best hotel in town; they is some that are better (Ana Mandara for one). But we give a very honest proposition and we also give our guests the comfort to be understand. I can't meet all our guests, and sometimes it true we have some problems...doing business in Vietnam is hard. At the Ha Van Hotel we give a clean basic room, well decorated (original paintings on the walls) and all modern amenities necessary for a good stay in Nha Trang . Our strongest point is the service that we give to our guest. We are not the cheapest, but all commissions from various services provided to our guests are shared with our employees and local partners and we pay them more than the luxurious hotel chain. We are socialy responsible and involve in our communities. Our guests will never feel that we exploit our staffs nor that they will feel exploited with tricks that often plague other hotels.

We are not perfect, the country is not perfect but with practice come perfection!

Oufff...sorry that was long!
    Cheers.

Ps if our hotel is not what you are looking for, we a a HOT HOTELS DEALS section on our website that you can consult to find all kind of hotels at all kinds of prices in Nha Trang (yes we do get a very small comission, less than .40$ on each booking, and that is share with our employees.

My best regards
    Nicolas

#3 Posted: 14/9/2008 - 00:44

• seattle

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2007

That was one hell of a sells pitch! Great disguise in touting I have ever seen. Besides the bad information you gave "including the airfair cost between Saigon and Nha Trang" your posting was of no value.

#4 Posted: 14/9/2008 - 09:25

• flamingosui-
    tes

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2008
    Location Canada

Thanks for the comment.
    You are right, Vietnam Airlines price for ticket is 47 and 59 USD as for today.

I don't see where ''i disguide in touting''. I say go look my website. It seems very black on white to me. I say Of your I make a sell pich, I do operate an hotel. You can't please everybody, sometime the guest have a bad day, sometimes we have a bad day...we are humans.

For the bad information, feel free to correct them. I can't have all the right answers for all the places and prices.

Again, it would be more useful for the peoples who read this post to have your point of view of the questions asked. I mean what the matter with you!

If you like, come see me, we can discuss this around a beer. Maybe you couls help me in providing better advices for our readers and guests.

Cheer
    Nicolas

#5 Posted: 14/9/2008 - 11:25

• seattle

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2007

hmmm? How will perspective visitors know if you and your employees plus the hotel are having a good day?

#6 Posted: 15/9/2008 - 08:24

• zhandarova

Joined Travelfish
    18th October, 2008

Dear flamingosuites! I'm from Russia, Moscow. I'm planning to stay in Nha Trang for 3 years. My husband is going to work there. We have 3 sons (6, 4 and 1 years old). I worry about education for my children. Could you write to me some information about any english schools there? It's a big problem for us because we don't have any information about schools in Nha Trang . You can post your message here or e-mail me baby-doll@yandex.ru

#7 Posted: 18/10/2008 - 01:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.