Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hanoi and surrounding area - with kids - in December

Posted by danfritschen on 29/9/2008 at 15:03

My family..2 adults and 2 small children (ages 5 and 8) are heading to SEA for December.

We plan on staying 4 days in Hanoi. Had a few questions thanks for the advice.

weather..i am assuming between 15 and 20 degrees with some clouds but not much rain..is that safe?

Ideally we would like to hire a private guide/car for 3 days to show us around hanoi upto perfume pagoda and also bich dong area..i havent seen where we could get the same guide for all 3 days..any suggestions? Also we would like to take a day off and just hang around a pool somewhere..being December i am assuming indoor pool is the way to go. Do any of the high end hotels offer day use of their pools and facilities? any other options?

Thanks

Dan

#1 danfritschen has been a member since 10/9/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by haminhtran on 29/9/2008 at 22:55

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi
I'm a Vietnamese girl and i live in Hanoi , so i can show you where to go - the interesting places .
-There are many bars , retaurants , ... for foreign travellers with reasonable price .
-And there are also some high end hotels having pool with facilities in the central city .
-It is sure that the weather is fine with a little rain in Dec .
-Have you ever heard about Halong bay -a famous place
to visit in the North ?

I'll be glad to help you in guiding. I'm a student studying English want to practise with foreigners, and you dont have to pay me money . I was born and grew up in Hanoi , so i'm sure that i can show the best places to visit !

If u'd like to ask for more informations about
Hanoi , u can add my Yahoo ID : ha.minhtran

Have fun !

#2 haminhtran has been a member since 29/9/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by geneluck on 6/10/2008 at 19:41

Hello Haminhtran,
We are a couple arriving in Hanoi 2nd November staying in Hanoi a few days and planning to stay in Halong Bay .Would be delighted to have a contact there who speaks the language and and could show us around Hanoi and tell us what to do.
Jean-luc
email:jeanlucpepin@googlemail.com

#3 geneluck has been a member since 23/9/2008. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.