Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hanoi and surrounding area - with kids - in December

• danfritschen

Joined Travelfish
    10th September, 2008

My family..2 adults and 2 small children (ages 5 and 8) are heading to SEA for December.

We plan on staying 4 days in Hanoi. Had a few questions thanks for the advice.

weather..i am assuming between 15 and 20 degrees with some clouds but not much rain..is that safe?

Ideally we would like to hire a private guide/car for 3 days to show us around hanoi upto perfume pagoda and also bich dong area..i havent seen where we could get the same guide for all 3 days..any suggestions? Also we would like to take a day off and just hang around a pool somewhere..being December i am assuming indoor pool is the way to go. Do any of the high end hotels offer day use of their pools and facilities? any other options?

Thanks

Dan

#1 Posted: 29/9/2008 - 15:03

• Advertisement

• haminhtran

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi
    I'm a Vietnamese girl and i live in Hanoi , so i can show you where to go - the interesting places .
    -There are many bars , retaurants , ... for foreign travellers with reasonable price .
    -And there are also some high end hotels having pool with facilities in the central city .
    -It is sure that the weather is fine with a little rain in Dec .
    -Have you ever heard about Halong bay -a famous place
    to visit in the North ?

I'll be glad to help you in guiding. I'm a student studying English want to practise with foreigners, and you dont have to pay me money . I was born and grew up in Hanoi , so i'm sure that i can show the best places to visit !

If u'd like to ask for more informations about
    Hanoi , u can add my Yahoo ID : ha.minhtran

Have fun !

#2 Posted: 29/9/2008 - 22:55

• geneluck

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2008

Hello Haminhtran,
    We are a couple arriving in Hanoi 2nd November staying in Hanoi a few days and planning to stay in Halong Bay .Would be delighted to have a contact there who speaks the language and and could show us around Hanoi and tell us what to do.
    Jean-luc
    email:jeanlucpepin@googlemail.com

#3 Posted: 6/10/2008 - 19:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Traveling in Hanoi and surrounding area ... By Sunny5049 on 8 May 2006 1 2739 9 May 2006
Ko Chang and surrounding area ... By davythelegend on 18 Mar 2009 1 2229 18 Mar 2009
Kachanaburi and surrounding area ... By vmegirl on 28 Nov 2011 5 868 29 Nov 2011
Chang Mai and surrounding area ... By crashland on 31 Dec 2010 5 2831 25 Jan 2011
is Ratchadapisek a good area to stay with kids in tow? ... By msk100 on 13 Apr 2008 5 2246 29 Apr 2008
Chiang Mai Area in December - is it *really* busy? ... By Katinca on 16 Nov 2006 2 1641 17 Nov 2006