Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Another itinerary for comment

• aussie_jase

Joined Travelfish
    21st August, 2008

Hey all, just thought I'd put forward a provisional itinerary to see what the pro's think...

Day 1 - Saigon
    Days 2 - 5 Phu Quoc (flight from Saigon)
    Day 6 Phu Quoc to Rach Gia to Chau Doc
    Day 7 Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
    Days 8, 9 Phnom Penh
    Day 10 Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
    Days 11, 12 Siem Reap
    Day 13 Siem Reap to Da Nang (fly)
    Days 14 - 24 Da Nang to Hanoi (including Ha Long Bay)
    Days 25, 26 - Sapa

From there its off to China for a couple of weeks. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
    Cheers guys.
    Jason.

#1 Posted: 14/10/2008 - 16:22

• Advertisement

• jamespool

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2008

Hi Jason,

I can't help too much as I've not been to Vietnam (yet), but my sister has and she loved it. As she's sitting beside me right now, she says, be sure to go to China Beach near Danang. There's a little guesthouse there right on the beach run by a Vietnamese guy that she says was a right card and lots of fun, so much fun she can't remember the guesthouses name, but says it was the only one there - a real traveller's den.

Also says go to Hoi An and Hue but to not bopther with the DMZ tour as she said it's a waste of time.

Just discovered this site today and finding loads of new info for my trip this christmas. I've been to Thailand before, but this time going to Laos and can't wait!

safe travels

#2 Posted: 14/10/2008 - 17:52

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Looks good to me. Only suggestion could be to consider entering Cambodia at the coastal border crossing as that will allow you to take in Kep and kampot enroute to Phnom Penh.

#3 Posted: 15/10/2008 - 07:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
3 week itinerary please comment ... By Nywoman on 5 Sep 2009 32 5789 6 Aug 2011
Vietnam and Thailand in 32 days - please check my itinerary and comment :) ... By prankmonkey on 9 Feb 2010 9 4066 3 Jun 2011