Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

HELP!! Where to go

Posted by chelle on 25/10/2008 at 14:20

My boyfriend and I have left it extremely late to plan our 2 week Vietnamese trip and can't decide whether to go to Hanoi and then down to Ho Chi Minh or the other way around. Not to mention surrounding towns!!

If anyone can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated. We're due to fly in from Hong Kong on Tuesday 18th November and will be flying back to Hong Kong on 30th November.

Thanks in advance :o)

#1 chelle has been a member since 13/11/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by Travelindochine on 5/11/2008 at 11:32

Posted from within Vietnam.

Dear Chelle,

If you fly into Hanoi you can go with places

1. Hanoi - Sapa - Halong
2. Hanoi - Hue - Hoi An
3. Danang - NhaTrang - Saigon
4. Saigon - Cuchi - Mekong

Good luck
Dent

#2 Travelindochine has been a member since 10/7/2008. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 36
 Twitter 

Posted by biene on 10/11/2008 at 21:32

Posted from within Vietnam.

Dear Chelle,

it is depending on what you like to do in Vietnam. If you want shopping I recommend to start in Hanoi, so you can shop in Saigon just before leaving. Hoi An is a great place if you like tailor-made stuff (clothing and shoes).

If you are adventureous and you like to see the real Vietnam, than start from Saigon and go to Dalat. From there you can book a moto-trip through the Central Highlands! It is really amazing. For getting more informations just visit the homepage of the Dalat Easy Rider!

Enjoy your stay in Vietnam and don't forget to bargain for everything! :-)
Biene

#3 biene has been a member since 9/11/2008. Posts: 14

Posted by daawgon on 12/11/2008 at 03:11

That's not even a full 2 wks. Even with all domestic air travel, all you'd be doing is moving from one place to another. Restrict your trip to the north, use Hanoi as a base, and take short trips from there to Sapa, Halong, Ninh Binh and Mai Chau. Contact Hanoi kids at this site for a great free tour of Hanoi :
www.hanoikidsclub.org

#4 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,082

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.