Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

cheap & reliable guesthouse/hostels

• twillie

Joined Travelfish
    5th November, 2008

hello people, im trvelling to hanoi in 2 weeks time, im backpacking there with my Gf, was wondering anybody got any cheap guesthouses os hostels to recommend, probably US 15 or less for 2pax?

#1 Posted: 5/11/2008 - 20:31

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Have you looked at the recommendations in the Hanoi section?

#2 Posted: 6/11/2008 - 16:40

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I liked the Kangaroo Guesthouse on Hang Luoc - a tad funky with bad breakfast, large rooms and very friendly staff - not a bad location either. Many like Hanoi Guesthouse, but they did not hold my reservation! Be sure to look at your room B4 putting $ down as many cheap rooms have no window at all. There should be several bargains now in Hanoi as the flood has scared away many tourists - go for it, Hanoi is a great city
    (have you booked Hanoi kids yet - www.hanoikidsclub.org)

#3 Posted: 8/11/2008 - 02:26

• jafatravel

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2008

In Hanoi , I've stayed at Hanoi Backpackers for 2 nights in July 07 and had a great time there. It is ultra clean, the cleanest hostel I've ever seen. Great communal vibe and great to chat to other travelers. Hanoi Backpackers will fit into your budget.

cheers
    Eddie

#4 Posted: 8/11/2008 - 14:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cheap Hostels in Myanmar? (Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake) ... By Spasmic on 12 Jan 2014 1 1728 12 Jan 2014