Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

tailor in hoi an

• annalaura

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2008

hi - can anyone recommend a good quick (cheapish) tailor in hoi an? how much approximately does it cost to get like a shirt or a dress made and how quickly can they do it??

#1 Posted: 2/12/2008 - 03:03

• Advertisement

• hansyen

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2007

I was recently in Hoi An and I was very pleased with the work and services of tailor shop FUTURE on 586 CUA DAI Road. You can find them on the road that leads to the beach just a couple of hunderd metres away from the Hoi An post office And they are for sure the one with the most quality tailor work for a good price.

To choose a good shop is important but even more important is the tailors who are working for a shop. The tailor who make the suits for FUTURE on 586 CUA DAI Road is one of the best in Hoi An . Also for the other pieces of clothes they work together with tailors who have years of experience in making clothes.

586 CUA DAI Road is run by 2 sisters and the price they charge is all depending on the number of pieces you order but is always fair.

#2 Posted: 4/12/2008 - 07:07

• hansyen

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2007

The starting price for a shirt is appr. $6 and the price is getting higher if you are big (more fabric) and when the quality of the fabric is getting better.
    For a dress the starting price will be appr. 7.

If you are really in a hurry they can finish your clothes easy in 2 hours but normally it will take 6-12 hours.

#3 Posted: 4/12/2008 - 07:13

• mudgeerambl-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 2

A word from the wise dont shop just on price. The ladies in the big undercover market will do things cheaply but thats what you end up with. Check the quality of material .When I was there I went to Yaly not sure of the address but I know its still going as a bloke on my recent flight home hade a brand new Yaly suit bag. Dont forget to bargain , dont accept their first price

#4 Posted: 4/12/2008 - 14:05

• niko

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2005
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 3

Try Yaly and A dong silk, a little more expensive but well worth it.

12 to 24 hour turn around on suit's and dresses. Quicker if need be. I have a jacket made and they dropped it off at my hotel as we were leaving early in the a.m.

#5 Posted: 20/12/2008 - 04:51

• annalaura

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

well after a recommendation from an engish couple we met, we found a tailor called 'guys n gals' its the same business as the seventeen tours company. they are very helpful and lovely and happy to make as many changes as you need. i ended up with a skirt, two pairs of pants, a shirt, two tops and a dress. my b/f got his red 'joke' suit made in silk for around 65usd. we also ended up having dinner with them one night for the vietnam/thai soccor game - SO much fun and they were SO hospitable and friendly. Highlight of our trip - VERY happy. we will also book a car up to danang through them, stopping at marble mountains and china beach.

#6 Posted: 31/12/2008 - 06:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.