Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

tailor in hoi an

Posted by annalaura on 2/12/2008 at 03:03

hi - can anyone recommend a good quick (cheapish) tailor in hoi an? how much approximately does it cost to get like a shirt or a dress made and how quickly can they do it??

#1 annalaura has been a member since 16/10/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by hansyen on 4/12/2008 at 07:07

I was recently in Hoi An and I was very pleased with the work and services of tailor shop FUTURE on 586 CUA DAI Road. You can find them on the road that leads to the beach just a couple of hunderd metres away from the Hoi An post office And they are for sure the one with the most quality tailor work for a good price.

To choose a good shop is important but even more important is the tailors who are working for a shop. The tailor who make the suits for FUTURE on 586 CUA DAI Road is one of the best in Hoi An . Also for the other pieces of clothes they work together with tailors who have years of experience in making clothes.

586 CUA DAI Road is run by 2 sisters and the price they charge is all depending on the number of pieces you order but is always fair.

#2 hansyen has been a member since 2/4/2007. Posts: 27

Posted by hansyen on 4/12/2008 at 07:13

The starting price for a shirt is appr. $6 and the price is getting higher if you are big (more fabric) and when the quality of the fabric is getting better.
For a dress the starting price will be appr. 7.

If you are really in a hurry they can finish your clothes easy in 2 hours but normally it will take 6-12 hours.

#3 hansyen has been a member since 2/4/2007. Posts: 27

Posted by mudgeerambler on 4/12/2008 at 14:05

A word from the wise dont shop just on price. The ladies in the big undercover market will do things cheaply but thats what you end up with. Check the quality of material .When I was there I went to Yaly not sure of the address but I know its still going as a bloke on my recent flight home hade a brand new Yaly suit bag. Dont forget to bargain , dont accept their first price

#4 mudgeerambler has been a member since 11/4/2008. Posts: 10

Posted by niko on 20/12/2008 at 04:51

Try Yaly and A dong silk, a little more expensive but well worth it.

12 to 24 hour turn around on suit's and dresses. Quicker if need be. I have a jacket made and they dropped it off at my hotel as we were leaving early in the a.m.

#5 niko has been a member since 12/12/2005. Location: Canada. Posts: 6

Posted by annalaura on 31/12/2008 at 06:51

Posted from within Vietnam.

well after a recommendation from an engish couple we met, we found a tailor called 'guys n gals' its the same business as the seventeen tours company. they are very helpful and lovely and happy to make as many changes as you need. i ended up with a skirt, two pairs of pants, a shirt, two tops and a dress. my b/f got his red 'joke' suit made in silk for around 65usd. we also ended up having dinner with them one night for the vietnam/thai soccor game - SO much fun and they were SO hospitable and friendly. Highlight of our trip - VERY happy. we will also book a car up to danang through them, stopping at marble mountains and china beach.

#6 annalaura has been a member since 16/10/2008. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.