Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Beaches in Dec

• vietnamhere-
    wecome

Joined Travelfish
    2nd December, 2008

What beach and resort would you recommend in mid/late Dec. I would love to stay at a boutique resort that is not overly pricey under $200 for about 4 days ...
    Mui Ne ?
    Nha Trang ?
    Phu Quoc ?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 2/12/2008 - 12:50

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Mango Bay or Mai House on Phu Quoc off the top of my head, but I think you'll struggle to get a room, Phu Quoc's looking pretty busy this year.

#2 Posted: 2/12/2008 - 13:38

• GirlFromOat-
    meal

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2008

I am also thinking about beaches, but both Mango Bay and Mai House are booked :( I have heard that if you aren't too fussy you can get accomodation on Phu Quoc--just not on the beach.

#3 Posted: 2/12/2008 - 18:44

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Yes, GirlFromOatmeal is correct, there's a fair range of off the beach options.

#4 Posted: 3/12/2008 - 07:28

• Roody82

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2008

Somtam - Can you provide a list of these off-beach hotels? I'm struggling to find them online!
    Cheers

#5 Posted: 4/12/2008 - 06:24

• koala4u

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2008

Ok for Phu Quoc I was at KIM HOA before,it was nice and not too pricey. http://www.kimhoaresort.com/ There are other resorts,but I was not at them so I can only say what I see and know.

Oh PQ there is not much in Dec to see,the waterfalls are dry then,when I went Dec,and hot. You can see the Pearl farm,there is a darn good wine place hidden away(best wine I have tasted(male and female versions)),and several beaches around. Following the beach south from KH,it gets worse in quality. You can pay for a more expensive hotel,but in the end you end up on the same beach as others on budget. So medium class hotels should be sufficient. Beach around KH was nice and you can see sunsets also,if you are romantic at heart. ^_*

#6 Posted: 5/12/2008 - 17:58

• koala4u

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2008

Oopsie forgot,PQ is a nice beach choice,but in the costing,airfare there and back is pricey. Vietnam Airlines price today is: 1,260,000VND to 1,600,000VND return HCMC-PQ. I may pass on PQ this year(i leave for HCMC Sat..6th,yihee.),and do Mui Ne or Nha Trang instead,cheaper access,ie via open tour buses.

#7 Posted: 5/12/2008 - 18:06

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Roody82: For a list of other places, at the bottom of our main Phu Quoc Island page there's a list of properties that can be booked online -- many of those are off the beach options -- not sure about availability though.

#8 Posted: 5/12/2008 - 18:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.