Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Hotel,Flight and Location Guide

• koala4u

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2008

I have travelled to Vietnam several times and have Vietnamese foster family,my Sis is in HCMC. Even for me though it is a headache to locate where hotels are and where street locations are? I am leaving for Vietnam this saturday for 5 weeks,and have found travelfish very helpful,so I join to help others if I can?

1. Finally found a way to locate addresses in Vietnam and hotel locations,and in English..^_* My Sis finally cracked it..it is called www.diadiem.com,a Vietnamese 'Melways' so to speak. She wanted me to get a hotel near her house and this showed her location and hotels nearby. It has other data also,very handy!

2. Western Hotel booking sites usually charge more,I never book through them,it costs me just a phone card and I call the hotels directly,and they usually speak English. I have had all my hotel booking honoured so far. You can also word search for 'khach san' & location to get Viet sites for some hotels and their 'local' prices. It is not perfect,but it is worth the chance for cheaper rates if you look for VND prices. I do know Vietnamese Hotel sites,some better than others,but will look at latter.

3. Vietnam Airlines has for domestic flights their prices on their website,do not book in Western country as more expensive,check their flight schedules and fees on their internet site,and book in Vietnam direct. Jetstar has taken over Pacific Airlines,and have cheaper prices than Vietnam Airlines even. They do not share all same routes,so maybe mix and match flights with open bus say,for best fares.

Links: http://www.jetstar.com/vn/en/index.html
    http://www.vietnamairlines.com.vn/default.aspx?tabid=98

I hope this is helpful?

#1 Posted: 5/12/2008 - 09:02

• Advertisement

• Flymarbles

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2008

Thank you. Very Helpful. Enjoy your travels.

#2 Posted: 6/12/2008 - 05:54

• MsMalika

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2011

Hey great tip! Will be sure to give it a try when i am there next month!

#3 Posted: 31/5/2011 - 15:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thaison Hotel II- Brand-new hotel in excellent location ... By thaisonhotel2 on 19 Feb 2011 0 1777 19 Feb 2011
Trekking Location and Guide recommendation in Laos ... By squong on 15 Oct 2007 1 2008 15 Nov 2007
Trekking Guide (and Location) in Northern Thailand ... By squong on 4 Oct 2007 1 2086 4 Oct 2007
Ever heard of this hotel...good location 4 sightseeing? ... By abiyogini on 17 Mar 2006 3 1829 18 Mar 2006