Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Pham Ngu Lao...?

• neetiparekh

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2008

Has anyone stayed in Pham Ngu Lao? I hear its similar to Khao San road in Bangkok but I never stay on Khao San road because I think it's really skeezy (no offense). Can anyone tell me if it is comparable? Thanks!

#1 Posted: 8/12/2008 - 16:19

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

I agree with you Khao San road is a sleezy place although there are some great guesthouses nearby. No, rest easy Pham Ngu Lao is nothing like Ks Road. It's basically just an area of one or two streets with lots of guesthouses, cheap hotels and eateries.The worst part is the hustlers who will stick to you like glue if you show just the slightest interest in anything they are touting.Now I know the meaning of persistance!

#2 Posted: 8/12/2008 - 22:37

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

The Pham is the "only" place to stay in Saigon - the action goes 24/7 - I love it. For the most for your money and the nicest people try the Bich Duyen Hotel - doesn't get much better than the Bich!

#3 Posted: 13/12/2008 - 12:06

• annalaura

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

we stayed in pham ngu lao for 4 nights - hated it. yes its cheap, but we found it very scummy. our best time there was when we went to dong kai, lovely streets but more expensive. if you go to a street about two blocks away from pham ngu lao called Co Bac, there are a couple of cheaper guesthouses and its away from all the tuk tuks and motos etc.

#4 Posted: 31/12/2008 - 07:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.