Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Flodding in Northern and Central Vietnam

• aimeetaylor

Joined Travelfish
    30th October, 2008

I am travleeing to Vietnam for the first time in January and am really keen to make Hanoi my first stop, however I have read various reports online detailing the terriable flooding in nothern and central regions of vietnam and was wondering if anyone can advise whether it is appropriate and or possible to travel to the affected regions in the near future? Any details on affected areas who advise from anyone who has travelled there recently would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 10/12/2008 - 19:51

• Advertisement

• aimeetaylor

Joined Travelfish
    30th October, 2008

P.s. ops i obviously mean *flooding!

#2 Posted: 10/12/2008 - 19:52

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

Shouldn't be too wet in Jan in Hanoi - a bit cool maybe

Hoi An / Hue areas should be same, but warmer

#3 Posted: 10/12/2008 - 20:00

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hanoi can be cool/foggy in Jan, but very pleasant. The place that can be downright COLD is up the the NW Highlands - Sapa. But, don't let that stop you from going - it's worth the effort.

#4 Posted: 13/12/2008 - 11:55

• niko

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2005
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 3

Hi there,

We just returned from a month in Vietnam, all is good flooding has mostly subsided aside from the usual up and down river action in Hoi An.

We spent three days in Hanoi right across from Hoan Kiem Lake and did a Perfume Pagoda tour on Yen Stream, no problems there either.

The odd road was washed out in Sapa area but I think that is the norm, quickly repaired so traffic could get through.

Hope that helps

Niko

#5 Posted: 20/12/2008 - 04:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel companion for Northern Thailand & Northern/Central Laos in July/August ... By msfrench001 on 21 Jun 2010 0 2889 21 Jun 2010
Flooding in parts of Northern / Central Thailand ... By DLuek on 6 Sep 2014 3 591 21 Sep 2014