Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Train from Danang to Hue?

• Flymarbles

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2008

Hello I am wondering if it is necessary to pre-book train tickets form Danang to Hue? If so what is the best way to go about it?

Thanks again

#1 Posted: 24/12/2008 - 16:00

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

It depends when you're going. It's easier to book train tickets once you're in country rather than from overseas, so as long as you're not commencing your trip to Vietnam in Da Nang I'd get the tickets once you're there.

#2 Posted: 26/12/2008 - 07:15

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Flymarbles

Why by train?

Have you checked out the timetable & cost.

Cheaper, more efficient and more enjoyable by bus.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 27/12/2008 - 15:41

• annalaura

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

you can also get a bus from danang to hue - VERY CHEAP or even a car or a cab is cheap if there are a couple of you.

#4 Posted: 31/12/2008 - 07:05

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The train trip from Da Nang to Hue is one of the most beautiful stretches of railway in the country (Mrs Travelfish says best in the world!) -- that's why we recommend doing it -- sure the bus is cheaper, faster and more convenient, but the train trip is stunning.

#5 Posted: 31/12/2008 - 07:23

• brucemoon

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia

Must agree that the scenery is fantastic.

I've done it on moto - and been able to visit the waterfalls, swimsites, beaches, etc.

And, by bus.

Just different horses for different courses.

I doubt Flymarbles has returned. Pity

#6 Posted: 31/12/2008 - 07:29

• Flymarbles

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2008

I've returned. I have been quite busy... Actually leaving tomorrow morning. Yeah!! Planning my itinerary has consumed my life for the last month. I quess that's why one should probably plan well in advance :0) SE Asia seems amazing and I can't wait to go (first time in Asia.) Many thanks to Travel Fish for assisting in my adventure and thanks again to Rufus, for recommending a Barci ceremony. As for the train ride, one last question. Is it better to take an older train where you can stick your head out the window, or a newer faster train where the windows do not open?

Bon Voyage!

#7 Posted: 31/12/2008 - 15:33

• brucemoon

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia

The time you will asumedly wish to travel is middle of the day, and its the Reunification Express that will cart you along the tracks.

Its a Chinese built (think Chinese second hand) train and has a variety of class options (and prices).

Soft seat tends not to have many smokers, but as you move down the list there's more smoking.

As for 'look see', if you travel soft seat, you have the priveledge of going about the train to find your own 'site'.

But, the scenery aspect is really only for about an hour or so.

cheers

#8 Posted: 31/12/2008 - 17:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Train or Air: Danang to HCM ... By alljokingaside on 26 Dec 2011 4 2112 5 Jan 2012
Danang train station to Hoi An ... By TerroirTravel on 16 Feb 2014 2 2038 25 Feb 2014
train Hanoi to Hoi An/DaNang on Feb 3 ... By aodily on 29 Jan 2008 1 2240 22 Feb 2008
Train from Danang to Nha trang ... By ron67 on 17 Jan 2009 1 2883 25 Jan 2009