Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Jetstar, HAN-SGN

• AdamS

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2008

I am seeing super cheap flights second week of Jan. So cheap it seems too good to be true, since judging by online seat selection, the planes are empty.
    Do they often cancel flights if there are not enough passengers to make the flight profitable?
    Should I book a flight earlier in the day so if I get stuck, there are later flights I can catch?

#1 Posted: 28/12/2008 - 00:02

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've flown Jetstar at least a dozen times and have yet to have a flight cancelled -- that's been my personal experience.

#2 Posted: 29/12/2008 - 05:40

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Adam

Fact 1: I'm Australian and Jetstar is an Australian Company (subsiduary of Qantas). But, Jetstar Asia is only 49% owned by Jetstar (Aust).

Fact 2: I choose any other airline over Jetsar (Australia). Reason, they're constantly changing cancelling/flights. They shunt pax off to accommodate higher paying pax.

Fact 3: Jetstar (Australia) will NOT abandon you. You'll get moved to another flight/day.

So, if the price is good, go for it, but don't rely on the time to connect with something else.

cheers

#3 Posted: 29/12/2008 - 08:11

• frankyday

Joined Travelfish
    30th September, 2008
    Total reviews: 2

I took the Jetstar just few days ago, from Danang to Hanoi. It's something like 600,000 Dong per person (inclusive of all charges).

If you have your plan already, please buy as soon as possible because the fare will increase when it come closer to the departure date.

My experience with it (though once only) is that it's very good and on time. No accident at all.

#4 Posted: 7/1/2009 - 11:34

• Pokol

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009

Hi, I've got a flight booke with jetstar, going from HCMC to Haiphong. Does anybody know if you must do web check in or if you can simply do your check in at the airport with only your booking number as you would do with any other flight?

Thank you!

#5 Posted: 25/9/2009 - 17:12

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

At airport check-in. Always best to have a print out of your itinerary/receipt.

#6 Posted: 26/9/2009 - 06:22

• dezztroyer

Click here to learn more about dezztroyer
    Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2009
    Location Australia

I'm going Darwin-HCMC by Jetstar in OCT. Very cheap, just remember to book your connecting flights early too. For example, I live in Brisbane and was waiting for my Bris-Darwin flight to get cheaper when they offered cheap fares from Darwin-Bali around the same time as my flight, so all the connecting flights to Darwin started selling out for the cheap Bali flights.

#7 Posted: 29/9/2009 - 15:56

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Hi adam,
    Jetstar pacific are pretty reliable but yes they do change flight times.
    Would suggest when you book you give them your e-mail address so you will be informed of changes.

#8 Posted: 1/10/2009 - 17:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.