Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Jetstar, HAN-SGN

Posted by AdamS on 28/12/2008 at 00:02

I am seeing super cheap flights second week of Jan. So cheap it seems too good to be true, since judging by online seat selection, the planes are empty.
Do they often cancel flights if there are not enough passengers to make the flight profitable?
Should I book a flight earlier in the day so if I get stuck, there are later flights I can catch?

#1 AdamS has been a member since 24/12/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/12/2008 at 05:40 admin

I've flown Jetstar at least a dozen times and have yet to have a flight cancelled -- that's been my personal experience.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by brucemoon on 29/12/2008 at 08:11

Adam

Fact 1: I'm Australian and Jetstar is an Australian Company (subsiduary of Qantas). But, Jetstar Asia is only 49% owned by Jetstar (Aust).

Fact 2: I choose any other airline over Jetsar (Australia). Reason, they're constantly changing cancelling/flights. They shunt pax off to accommodate higher paying pax.

Fact 3: Jetstar (Australia) will NOT abandon you. You'll get moved to another flight/day.

So, if the price is good, go for it, but don't rely on the time to connect with something else.

cheers

#3 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by frankyday on 7/1/2009 at 11:34

I took the Jetstar just few days ago, from Danang to Hanoi. It's something like 600,000 Dong per person (inclusive of all charges).

If you have your plan already, please buy as soon as possible because the fare will increase when it come closer to the departure date.

My experience with it (though once only) is that it's very good and on time. No accident at all.

#4 frankyday has been a member since 30/9/2008. Posts: 9

Posted by Pokol on 25/9/2009 at 17:12

Hi, I've got a flight booke with jetstar, going from HCMC to Haiphong. Does anybody know if you must do web check in or if you can simply do your check in at the airport with only your booking number as you would do with any other flight?

Thank you!

#5 Pokol has been a member since 26/8/2009. Posts: 38

Posted by DLuek on 26/9/2009 at 06:22 TF writer

At airport check-in. Always best to have a print out of your itinerary/receipt.

#6 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,122
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by dezztroyer on 29/9/2009 at 15:56

I'm going Darwin-HCMC by Jetstar in OCT. Very cheap, just remember to book your connecting flights early too. For example, I live in Brisbane and was waiting for my Bris-Darwin flight to get cheaper when they offered cheap fares from Darwin-Bali around the same time as my flight, so all the connecting flights to Darwin started selling out for the cheap Bali flights.

#7 dezztroyer has been a member since 29/7/2009. Location: Australia. Posts: 22

Posted by macman1945 on 1/10/2009 at 17:02

Hi adam,
Jetstar pacific are pretty reliable but yes they do change flight times.
Would suggest when you book you give them your e-mail address so you will be informed of changes.

#8 macman1945 has been a member since 11/10/2007. Posts: 35

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.