Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Phu Quoc - Siem Reap Overland- fast & cheap!

Posted by Isobel_123 on 9/1/2009 at 06:10

Hello,

After much searching on this website and others I have not been able to find updated information regarding this journey overland, now that the border at Ha Tien is open to foreigners...

My partner and I are wanting the fastest overland way for this route.. can this be done in a day? All info regarding costs, time for each leg and frequency of departures would be really helpful!

So far with info already gathered the fastest is:

Fly Phu Quoc- Rach Gia (Vietnam Air for A$22, takes 20 mins)

Rach Gia- Chau Doc (bus, but not sure who with, how much and for how long)

Chau Doc- Phnom Penh ( speed boat, leaves near Victory Hotel; takes about 5 hours costs $15 and 2 boats leave per day, early morning)

Phnom Penh (Bus with Mekong express $10, takes about 4.5 hrs)

Is this the best route? But now the border has opened up at Ha Tien, so may this journey be shortened?

I really appreciate your help. We just cant afford the A$200 from HCMC- SR quoted..

Cheers!

#1 Isobel_123 has been a member since 4/12/2008. Posts: 22

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/1/2009 at 11:44 admin

Quicker route is propable via the Ha Tien crossing. See the tail end of this story: http://www.travelfish.org/feature/113 for info on Phu Quoc to Kep / Kampot . Once you're in Kep or Kampot it's a straightforward run north to Phnom Penh and onto Siem Reap.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.