Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Travel from Da Nang

• doughowell1

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2009

Looking for some advice. I am new to Travelfish...........
    I will be spending a few days in Da Nang and then will have to travel to either Hue airport (Phu Bai) or to Dong Ha. I was thinking of renting a motorbike. Is this possible? Bad idea?
    doug

#1 Posted: 19/1/2009 - 23:02

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Welcome to Travelfish Doug,

Sure you could rent a bike, but unless you're plannign on doing a loop back to the rental shop, you'll need to hire a bike with driver (no problem, that's very common). There's lots of scope for exploring that region by motorbike.

#2 Posted: 20/1/2009 - 14:04

• keatherley

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello!

I am new, and joined just to answer this question. When are you going to be in Da Nang? It is still a bit rainy here (apparently an unusual rainy season) and if it is going to be within the next few days/weeks (who knows) it might be very flooded on the way to Hue. If you want to take the train, it is a beautiful scenic ride and only takes about 2 hours. I don't remember how much it is, but it is cheap.

Any other questions about Da Nang, feel free to ask...I live here:)

#3 Posted: 21/1/2009 - 01:08

• doughowell1

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2009

Thank you for your reply. I will be arriving Da Nang 3/19 and staying til 3/23. I then will need to meet my party either at Hue airport or in Dong Ha on 3/23.

doug

#4 Posted: 21/1/2009 - 01:16

• doughowell1

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2009

I'm sure I will have just about a million questions.
    I am meeting a physical therapist there and following her around for a day, hoping to make some contacts at the local hospitals. I then have 2 free days before I meet my ex-Marine Corps friend and we head out to Cam Lo area.
    I hope to do some sight seeing and have some fun on my free sat/sun.
    I will probably be staying on the east side of the river.

#5 Posted: 21/1/2009 - 01:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.