Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Electronic Visas into Vietnam

• Will_N_Mich

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2009

Hi

We're going to Vietnam in February and have seen some sites offering electronic visas into Vietnam with your passport stamped at the airport.

Seems like a good deal compared to the embassey- are these companies legit, and are there any ones to recommend or avoid?

Cheers.

#1 Posted: 20/1/2009 - 05:18

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

News to me -- they may eb talking about the pre-aranged visas offered by many Vietnamese travel agents. Do you have a link for more info?

#2 Posted: 20/1/2009 - 14:07

• Will_N_Mich

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2009

Hi,

Yes, that sounds like them. Sites we've come aross include:

www.Vietnam-Immigration.Org

Any information would be really appreciated!

Cheers.

#3 Posted: 21/1/2009 - 06:01

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Hi,

After reading the thread started by 'thegingerbird' on July 17 called 'Pre Approved Visa for Vietnam'on the 2nd page of the 'Visas & Border Crossings' section of the Travelfish forum, I decided to go this route for my trip to Vietnam, which starts two weeks from now!

I took 'thegingerbird's advice and used www.guidevietnam.com. It was fairly simple , the service was quite timely and friendly, and I now have my approval letter ready to go. It all costs the same as it would have to acquire it at the embassy in Bangkok, so as long as there's no problems at the airport, this seems to me to be the most timely and cheap way to get the visa if you're flying to Vietnam (although I believe you can also now arrange for the pre-approved visa to be available on arrival at border crossings). I will try to post an update on Travelfish once I get there to report how it works out.

DL

#4 Posted: 22/1/2009 - 04:31

• wtangney

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2009

any more news on this way of getting a visa for vietnam?

sounds easy and quick, and saves going to an embassy!

#5 Posted: 4/2/2009 - 01:52

• Will_N_Mich

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2009

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the tips and help they've given. We've recieved our Visa on arrival letters through Guide Vietnam.com. Everything seems to be OK, though we had a couple of problems with the payment website they used, Xoom, and paid using Paypal instead. We'll let you know how it works once we get across the border...

#6 Posted: 10/2/2009 - 03:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.