Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

vietnam itinerary

• roynolan

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

Hi, we ahve only 10 days in Vietnam this year, and would appreciate any views/tips on my plans.
    SAIGON day 1&2:half day to cu chi tunnels and saigon
    day 3:boat from saigon to MY Tho then Phoenix Island
    day 4:PHAN RANG- po klong gari and po ro me cham towers by motorbike
    day 5&6 NHA TRANG- po hagar and thap ba hot spring and beach.
    day 7&8:HUE imperial city, royal tombs.
    day 9&10: HANOI.
    we are travelling by train all the way including a couple of overnight sleepers.
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 29/1/2009 - 17:03

• Advertisement

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

hey roy ... you're gonna need a holiday after that trip!

why not just focus on one area, say the south, for your 10 days?

#2 Posted: 29/1/2009 - 17:55

• roynolan

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

thanks crispy, I know it is a bit full on, but wanted to get the highlights this year, then spend more time another year. We have a few days to relax in Phuket before we go to VN, and a couple of days in Bangkok after.

#3 Posted: 29/1/2009 - 22:28

• bfaresin

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2009

It took me 1 month to travel around Vietnam the way you want to do. If you go to Hué you can't miss Hoi An, it's wonderful, and if you go to Hanoi you can't miss to see Halong Bay, Tam Coc and Sapa in the north.
    I enjoyed a lot North Vietnam, it's a pity to go there only to visit Hanoi.

#4 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 01:43

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Roynolan

I'm with crispyrolls on this one.

You don't say where you've previously been, so its hard to know what could readily be left out.

Saigon really warrants more time

In some respects I'd suggest you stop over at Danang, get a moto and 'do' Hoi An (20 min from Danang southside) then head up to Hue and moto the area.

IMHO (in my humble opinion) the 'temple' tour so promoted by the VN gov't (and endorsed by LP) isn't the be all and end all; though some aspects are well worth the 'journey' (especially My Son near Hoi An).

I'd question Nha Trang for a 10 day trip - too commercial (despite Po Hagar)! And, to many Phan Rang is merely 'another' VN regional centre (much like the others!). That said, both have wonderful attractions off the beaten path.

Thus, I'd suggest a 3 or 4 stop trip Saigon, Danang (& surrounds) - maybe Hue - and HaNoi.

Cheers

#5 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 20:24

• roynolan

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

thanks bfaresin and brucemoon.
    The next trip we will spend more time in the north, I know it needs more time to go to Halong, Sapa and other places and we don't have the time this visit.
    My Son we are missing out due to spending a couple of days at Angkor before coming to VN, and we don't want to walk round another place which is similar. That sounds bad, but I don't mean it to sound that way.
    My Son, Hoi An and Danang deserve a few days, which we don't have, so they will be the next trip along with Phan Thiet, Ta Cu mountain.

#6 Posted: 31/1/2009 - 20:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.