Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

accomodation

• Rensina

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2009

first time to vietnam....anyone tell me please budget but clean to stay for a couple of nights in Hanoi...must be old qtr. Cheers

#1 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 15:31

• Advertisement

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Rensina

Just rock up to the OQ by mid morning & ask.

Some will be nearly full & seek a high price. Others near empty and willing to bargain down.

When an option is within your budget, go and look at the room.

Sometimes it's best to view several 'hotels' in a precinct to get a feel for what US$5 buys (then US10, etc.).

But ALWAYS be happy when you are bartering - the Vietnamse like a laugh and appreciate good humour.

If you need advice as to 'hotel' location, LP is one source (though not really up to date. Another source is other tourists in the area.

Have fun, and look at the other FORUM posts about how one can easily get ripped off in VN.

cheers

#2 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 19:59

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

What's your definition of budget prices? I recommend the Sunshine Hotels group in Hanoi. I'm staying at their Gia Thinh Hotel in March for $30. They run about 7 or 8 hotels in the Old Quarter.

#3 Posted: 31/1/2009 - 01:42

• koko

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2009

Try the city gate hotel in the thanh ha road nearby to the old east gate. Two years ago the room was about 13 USD.

#4 Posted: 2/2/2009 - 18:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.