Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Recommendations for Hiking in Sapa ?

• ChrZap1703

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2009

Hi !

I'm going to travel Vietnam in late March/early April, for a total of three weeks. The first two weeks I'm going to spend with my best mate, travelling south to north. After two weeks we'll end up in Hanoi, where has to catch his plane back. So I'll have one more week to spend in northern vietnam. I enjoyed hiking in scotland very much, so I thought Sapa might be a good place to go.

One thing I already learned is that for every vietnamese citizen there are roughly 25 travel agents. So I'd really appreciate it if you could give me some hints on how to travel Sapa the best way, or which agency has got a good reputation. As I am travelling alone, I'd like to travel in a group, that being the main reason I'm looking at booking via an agency.

Many thanks in advance,

Christoph

#1 Posted: 2/2/2009 - 20:30

• Advertisement

• austral31

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Hi Christoph,

Check out ET-Pumpkin. I did a tour to Sapa with them in 2007 and found them to be great value and everything went well. They organised transport to the train station in Hanoi, from the train to Sapa and return, a hotel/guesthouse and 2 day treks/walks. We only did day treks as we didn't come prepared for home-stays. Don't know what the weather will be like for you but it was quite cold when we were there in December.

Enjoy, it is a great place!!

#2 Posted: 9/2/2009 - 13:43

• ChrZap1703

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2009

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to that. Six weeks and counting... Will check out ET-Pumpkin for sure.

#3 Posted: 9/2/2009 - 18:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Day Trips from Sapa - any suggestions or guide recommendations ... By downundergal on 21 Sep 2012 4 2018 22 Sep 2012