Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hotels in Vietnam

• eban

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2009

How do 2 star hotels compare with world standards?

can anyone tell me about the Spring House Hotel in HCMC, the Hoa Linh Hotel in Saigon, The Light Hotel in Nhatrang. Would you go for a two or three star hotel in Vietnam?

#1 Posted: 5/2/2009 - 03:36

• Advertisement

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

Hi,

I was just checking that the Spring House was not the same as the Spring Hotel - when I founf the below reviews of your choice on TA

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293925-d1102314-Reviews-Spring_House_Hotel-Ho_Chi_Minh_City.html

Might want to rethink? Good location tho ... bang in the centre of all the backpacker action... assuming that is what you want

#2 Posted: 5/2/2009 - 05:42

• eban

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2009

Dear Crispyrolls

The hotel we are booked in at is the Spring House Hotel. What else can you tell me about it?

Clean, tidy? Are the rooms quite large?

#3 Posted: 7/2/2009 - 01:32

• eban

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2009

Still very uncertain about two or three star hotels in Vietnam. I am desperately looking at some feedback. How do these hotels compare with western hotels size and cleanliness wise?

#4 Posted: 7/2/2009 - 02:51

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

2* can be very nice, but like anywhere, it varies considerably. I like the small 2* guesthouses very much. In Saigon the Bich Duyen Hotel is fantastic/best hotel manager in Indochina (he's fast becoming a legend - name of Chanh) - I paid $25. for a window room/no lift.

In Hanoi I insist on staying at the Gia Thinh Hotel because the service, room, food, location are all the very best. I paid $30. for a superior rear room. The Gia has a lift and the rooms all have new DSL computers. - my favorite of all Viet hotels. I'm booked for 8 more nights in March '09.

Most of these places can be contacted directly by email, they pick up at the airport/train station for a small fee, about 90% provide a free breakfast, and a much friendlier atmosphere than big cold 4-5* places.

#5 Posted: 7/2/2009 - 13:41

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

One could literally eat off the floor of both of the hotels mentioned above. At the Bich Duyen, they insist you remove your shoes in the lobby.

#6 Posted: 7/2/2009 - 13:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.