Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Buying flights in Vietnam - HCMC to Phu Quoc

• rigo119

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2009

We're flying into HCMC on 20 March and would like to fly out to Phu Quoc a few days later (on a Monday). If we pre-book the flights in the UK they're a lot more expensive than if we were to buy them in Vietnam. What are our chances of being able to buy tickets to Phu Quoc at such short notice when we arrive? Do internal flights fill up quickly? Any info would be much appreciated.

#1 Posted: 6/2/2009 - 02:57

• Advertisement

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

No, visit a vietnamese airlines office. I find them to be by far the cheapest.

#2 Posted: 6/2/2009 - 19:41

• rigo119

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2009

What about the availablity though, did you struggle to get the flights you wanted because they were already booked up? Or do the planes frequently leave with empty seats, we've noticed there are a lot of flights per day? As we're flying out on a Monday I'm hoping it'll be a bit easier. Thanks for any further thoughts.

#3 Posted: 7/2/2009 - 02:53

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

It's hard to know but I doubt any airline these days is flying each flight at capacity. I wouldn't worry about it, im sure you'd be fine. But you could probably call them if your worried about it.

#4 Posted: 7/2/2009 - 10:04

• rigo119

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2009

Sounds like a good plan, we'll give them a call. Cheers.

#5 Posted: 7/2/2009 - 18:08

• paradise

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2009

Hi Mattocmd,
    Am hoping the same might apply for a flight from HCMC to Siem Reap. We arrive in HCMC late night and want to fly the next day to Siem Reap. Cost is USD181 when booking via a travel agent in HCMC, so hoping to get it cheaper.

Do you happen to have the phone number or email for a Vietnam airline office in HCMC.

#6 Posted: 7/2/2009 - 20:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Buying flights ONLINE versus OVER THE COUNTER ... By rasydan on 25 Dec 2009 2 3807 27 Dec 2009
Buying flights from Ho Chi Minh city to Thailand? ... By mrnice88 on 22 Apr 2010 3 3616 23 Apr 2010