Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Buying flights in Vietnam - HCMC to Phu Quoc

Posted by rigo119 on 6/2/2009 at 02:57

We're flying into HCMC on 20 March and would like to fly out to Phu Quoc a few days later (on a Monday). If we pre-book the flights in the UK they're a lot more expensive than if we were to buy them in Vietnam. What are our chances of being able to buy tickets to Phu Quoc at such short notice when we arrive? Do internal flights fill up quickly? Any info would be much appreciated.

#1 rigo119 has been a member since 5/2/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by mattocmd on 6/2/2009 at 19:41

No, visit a vietnamese airlines office. I find them to be by far the cheapest.

#2 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 365

Posted by rigo119 on 7/2/2009 at 02:53

What about the availablity though, did you struggle to get the flights you wanted because they were already booked up? Or do the planes frequently leave with empty seats, we've noticed there are a lot of flights per day? As we're flying out on a Monday I'm hoping it'll be a bit easier. Thanks for any further thoughts.

#3 rigo119 has been a member since 5/2/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by mattocmd on 7/2/2009 at 10:04

It's hard to know but I doubt any airline these days is flying each flight at capacity. I wouldn't worry about it, im sure you'd be fine. But you could probably call them if your worried about it.

#4 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 365

Posted by rigo119 on 7/2/2009 at 18:08

Sounds like a good plan, we'll give them a call. Cheers.

#5 rigo119 has been a member since 5/2/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by paradise on 7/2/2009 at 20:41

Hi Mattocmd,
Am hoping the same might apply for a flight from HCMC to Siem Reap. We arrive in HCMC late night and want to fly the next day to Siem Reap. Cost is USD181 when booking via a travel agent in HCMC, so hoping to get it cheaper.

Do you happen to have the phone number or email for a Vietnam airline office in HCMC.

#6 paradise has been a member since 5/2/2009. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.