Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Lao Cai to Hanoi train bookings?

• 9deuce

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2009

I am going to be arriving at Lao Cai from China in late June. Will I be able to get a train ticket to Hanoi for the same night that I arrive or would I need to book in advance? If so, is there an agency I could book it in advance with?

#1 Posted: 22/2/2009 - 08:16

• Advertisement

• dtnga

Joined Travelfish
    24th February, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Late June is not a busy time, so you can book at the railway station in LaoCai. But to be careful and to get the better train, you should book with travel agent in advance, I will send them to Lao Cai station (or hotel)for you.
    Train with Tulico, King express/ Hara express / Fanxipan express costs around 30USD/person (soft sleeper with A/C, wooden cabin). Please feel free to write to me if you need any help.

#2 Posted: 24/2/2009 - 09:50

• halethi

Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2008

We are planning to take the night train from Hanoi to Lao Caai around March 7 or 8. Can you tell me how many days in advance should one buy the train tickets, eg soft sleeper deluxe 4-berth with AC? Thanks!

#3 Posted: 25/2/2009 - 06:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.