Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Ho chi Minh Place to stay $15 - $20?

• chicho83

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2008

Hi
    Does anyone one know a good place to stay in ho chi minh for between $15 and $20? Ive looked through all the reviews, but the choice is overwhelming. Dont want to get landed with a dump.
    thanks

#1 Posted: 25/2/2009 - 23:24

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

In that range, Happy Inn is a good bet -- if you can stretch a bit more, the An An is close to unbeatable. See the Saigon listings for reviews on both.

#2 Posted: 26/2/2009 - 18:12

• amazon_blon-
    de

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2008
    Total reviews: 9

I will be staying in Saigon first week of March. I found An An to be quite expensive ($30-40). I believe Happy Inn's cheapest doubles are $25. Bich Duyen is under $20 but full that week. Most of the recommended budget options were already booked solid several weeks in advance.

We have a reso at Nguyen Khang for $20 for a double. Good reviews on hostelbookers.com. I will try to post my own comments here if march isn't too late.

#3 Posted: 27/2/2009 - 09:23

• amazon_blon-
    de

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2008
    Total reviews: 9

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm currently at the Nguyen Khang and for $20-22 USD a night for a double/twin, it's a good deal. New, very clean, a/c, fridge, tv, breakfast etc. No elevator but that's not unusual. Very helpful friendly staff. Absolutely no pressure to take a tour or buy anything.
    The hotel only has one double room with window, however, which is right by reception. (Other double rooms have no window and are very very small.) The twin rooms are much nicer and only $2 more, so I would recommend taking the twin room instead, and pushing the beds together (we did) if you're fussed about that.
    Very good value; recommended.

#4 Posted: 6/3/2009 - 20:54

• mschloe

Joined Travelfish
    14th March, 2009

Does Happy Inn have a listing and online booking on the Accommodations page? I didn't see it listed, but maybe that's because they don't have availability for the dates I requested?

#5 Posted: 14/3/2009 - 00:50

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Happy Inn is here you can contact them by their website/email to check up for reservation availability.

#6 Posted: 14/3/2009 - 07:47

• kptn82

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Why should you pay 20USD to stay in PNL area where there is plenty of problems? Why Not switch to the other side of Ben Thanh Market, there are a number of hotels which have going rates for $20/day and very close to market, food etc..

Try Thu Khoa Huan Street,
    Ly Tu Trong St, Le Thanh Ton Street etc...

Posting from AVA hotel, 51 Thu Khoa Huan Street, $20/day

#7 Posted: 16/3/2009 - 19:57

• Indoluso

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Hi! I liked 4 roses hotel very much! You can find it by googling it, it's in district 3 which is great if you like being away of tourists.

#8 Posted: 28/10/2010 - 20:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.