Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Mui Ne to Phan Rang Thap Cham

• halimah

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2009

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I will be on our maiden trip to Vietnam for abt 8 days in March. We'll be going to Saigon. Our trip will mainly be in Saigon, Mekong Delta and Mui Ne .

I was hoping to do a day trip to Phan Rang Thap Cham from Mui Ne because I like ancient architecture. I've got three questions:

1) Is it worth doing the trip? There hardly seems any mention in the forum about Phan Rang Thap Cham.
    2 How do I get from Mui Ne to Phan Rang?

3) Also, how do we go about visiting the sites in Phan Rang? Do we need to engage a guide?

My husband is an experienced motorcyclist. (If that is of any help)

Any help and advise is much appreciated.

Thank you!

#1 Posted: 26/2/2009 - 10:45

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Halimah,

It's true Phan Rang Thap Cham doesn't mark the highlight of too many trips -- the tour buses stop there and 30 minutes or so and that's about it -- and given it's a bit of a hike from Mui Ne , and the relative short stay you've got, I'm not sure it would be worth it...

There are some smaller Cham towers near Phan Thiet and much closer to Mui Ne -- Phan Thiet also has tremendous seafood, so you could spend the money you would have on gas for the bike on some seafood instead!

#2 Posted: 26/2/2009 - 18:24

• halimah

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2009

Hi Somtam2000,

Appreciate your prompt response! I think I'll forgo Phan Rang since it will be too much of a stretch and probably will take up your suggestion on Phan Thiet . We won't be enjoying the seafood though cos' we are vegetarians :)

Can I also check with you if we can just ride our motorbike to Phan Thiet from Mui Ne without a guide? A map would suffice? Any idea how long it takes to travel to Phan Thiet?

Thanks again!

#3 Posted: 26/2/2009 - 22:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Getting from Phan Rang/Thap Cham to Da Lat ... By satori_kicks on 10 Jun 2009 3 4609 13 Jun 2009
Availability of train/bus from Thap Cham to Nha Trang? ... By cloud on 23 Sep 2010 2 2157 24 Sep 2010
Minibus: Kampong Cham to Si Phan Don ... By hunanjess on 12 Jan 2010 0 2402 12 Jan 2010