morning and plan to take the evening
train to SAPA so would like to
keep the baggages for some hours
there and go for sightseeing in the
city.
Thanks in advance.

#1 tron0801 has been a member since 9/8/2004. Posts: 3

Posted by daawgon on 5/4/2009 at 01:58

First of all, you don't want to take a great deal of luggage to Sapa (most peole only take a small day pack) - it's just a pain since there is very little storage space on the train, and Sapa is such a rough and tumble place that nobody dresses like they would in Hanoi. I don't believe there is such a facility at the ga - most of us use a hotel for storage (after all you'll be returning to Hanoi). People who take tons of luggage to Sapa are generally very very sorry. All hotels in Vietnam store luggage for tourists - no biggie!

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,093

Posted by tron0801 on 5/4/2009 at 09:04

Hi Daawgon,
thank you very much for your reply!!
Have a nice day!!

#3 tron0801 has been a member since 9/8/2004. Posts: 3

Posted by Puggles on 19/10/2009 at 07:59

Hoping to revive this thread with some more info as the above is not suitable for us.

We will be staying in Hanoi for one night before travelling to Sapa where we will spend the next 2 nights and then will travel back to Hanoi.

However, we will not be staying overnight again in Hanoi when we return in the early hours of the morning, instead we will be travelling on the overnight train to Hue.

This means that we will have to carry our packs around from 5.30am until around 9pm that night. Is there anywhere we can leave them securely? Do the train stations have lockers or personal storage?

#4 Puggles has been a member since 31/8/2009. Location: Australia. Posts: 59

Posted by violets on 19/10/2009 at 10:39

I think you'll find there's still no storage at the railway station. I think the hotel you stay in on your first night is likely to hold your pack for the day if you have left some of your luggage there while you are in Sapa. Ask when you first arrive and perhaps even offer them a few dollars for the service.

#5 violets has been a member since 6/7/2009. Posts: 151

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.