Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hoi An/Danang or Nha Trang

• limdq

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2009

Hi all!

I'll be visiting Vietnam from 11 -20th June. I'll be making the Hanoi-Saigon trip.

I'll be spending 4days in Hanoi/Halong and 3 in Saigon. Thing is, i'm stuck between spending the remaining 3 days in Nha Trang or Danang/Hoi An.

I'll be making the all trips via plane, so that should cut down alot of time.

Please comment. thanks!

#1 Posted: 5/4/2009 - 15:22

• Advertisement

• Travelindoc-
    hine

Click here to learn more about Travelindochine
    Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2008
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

Dear Limdp,

I recommend you spend 3 days in Nhatrang, discover island and enjoy sea-food

Then fly to Saigon, do tour around Saigon like: Cuchi Tunnels, Mekong Delta (Mytho or Caibe Floating Market)

Should stay Asia Paradise in Nhatrang and Elios Hotel in Saigon

Have a good trip

#2 Posted: 5/4/2009 - 18:58

• limdq

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2009

Thanks for the prompt reply. =)

Any idea how much the hotels cost?

I'll do just that in Saigon. Just hope that the Mekong doesn't flood badly in June.

Many thanks again. ;)

#3 Posted: 5/4/2009 - 21:35

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

limdq,

Have you looked at the relevant sections on Travelfish -- lots of places (and prices) listed.

#4 Posted: 7/4/2009 - 16:24

• limdq

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2009

i'm new to travelfish, so i could have probably missed out some sections.

I'll take a look around and ask you guys again if i need help! Thanks! =)

#5 Posted: 7/4/2009 - 17:40

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Nha Trang is larger and more developed than Hoi An . Hoi An and Hue are known as the gourmet centers of Vietnam. I was just in Hoi An for the second time in 2 years. It's a small town with a great beach, great food and very nice hotels. I understand that Nha Trang's beach can be quite polluted, but have never been there. The Cua Dai beach at Hoi An was very beautiful, and I noticed no pollution of any sort.

#6 Posted: 8/4/2009 - 11:21

• Archmichael

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 2

limdq:
    Do look into all the threads about these two places here and elsewhere. Personally, I would suggest Hoi An. The town is quite interesting and the beach is very nice. Just sort out your priorities and go with what feels like the best fit.

Happy Trails!

#7 Posted: 17/5/2009 - 10:42

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

limdq

I like both Nha Trang & the Danang/ Hoi An areas.

I personally think that the Hoi An 'tailor' thing is vastly over-rated (I'm in Oz & I can buy Chinese that are better made for cheaper at discount stores).

But, your choice depends a lot on what you want to do in those two places, and then there is the issue regarding transport in and around the places.

- - - -

The closest airport to Hoi An is at Danang. The trip from Danang to Hoi An is not unpleasant.

If you are OK hiring a small motorbike (say, 125cc semi-auto or auto), you have many options around Hoi An: beaches, My Son heritage area, rice paddy scenery, etc.

If you are limited to bicycle, then you'll be OK to the beach but may have to 'book' the excursions with tour operators.

- - - -

Nha Trang has several interesting places of interest, some of which really need a motorcycle. The better beaches are located away from the Nha Trang 'main beach' (either by bike or by boat to the islands).

The better fish restaurants are not at Nha Trang city itself but at Hon Chong beach.

- - - -

Given that youare suggesting you'll only visit Hanoi, Saigon and one additional, I'd be leaning towards Hoi An. It will make a great contrast to the 2 BIG cities, and if you are ready to explore a bit yourself (rather than just stay in town) you'll get a taste of the 'real' Vietnam: the rural Vietnam.

Cheers

#8 Posted: 18/5/2009 - 09:55

• suzttec

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2009

I'll be visiting Ho Chi Min city next month for a2 weeks. I plan on visiting Nha Trang. I moved my car out there to sell to a local with an auto transport service. http://www.crowleyautotransport.com/

#9 Posted: 16/12/2009 - 06:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Train from Danang to Nha trang ... By ron67 on 17 Jan 2009 1 2922 25 Jan 2009
is there any night bus/train travel from danang/hoi an to nha trang? ... By npeng on 3 May 2009 2 3572 4 May 2009