Vietnam forum

2 months in Vietnam

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

If you had 2 months to explore, where would you head to? After Hanoi , I was thinking of heading inland from Hoi An to Kon Tum, Pleiku down to Dalat. Then hitting the coast at Nha Trang... or maybe staying inland ... before heading to HCMC, Mekong, Phu Quoc.

Also Sapa / North of Hanoi is an option (as well as the above), but it will be Dec time... and am concerned it will be too cold! ... any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 23/4/2009 - 15:31

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore

2 months in Vietnam seems like overkill... Have you considered a side-trip to Cambodia or Laos? They're also warmer than northern Vietnam in the winter. I traveled Vietnam south to north in December/January and as soon as you were north of Nha Trang it was chilly... On the Halong boat trip we were freezing... don't count on doing any swimming or sea kayaking. Pack warm clothes and a coat with good wind protection if you're planning to do any motorcycle tours. It can be as low as 12C and the damp ocean air makes it even colder.

#2 Posted: 24/4/2009 - 10:46

• chrispyrolls

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

hi,

was it british chilly... or singapore chilly?...:)

thanks for the response - this will be as well as Laos, Cambodia ... so a big trip

#3 Posted: 24/4/2009 - 19:51

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore

I'm Canadian - believe me it was cold!

There's endless things to do in Vietnam... Mui Ne was a surprising highlight of my trip (enjoyed it much more than Nha Trang). Other than the beach, it's a really nice area to rent a bike and explore (not much traffic) and you can go "dune-surfing" which is a pretty unique experience.

#4 Posted: 24/4/2009 - 22:11

• chrispyrolls

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

blimey it must be cold then! ... thanks very much

#5 Posted: 25/4/2009 - 03:38

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

chrispyrolls

2 months in Vietnam sounds so wonderful. Those that think the nation can be 'seen' in a few weeks leave me gobsmacked.

But, then, so many people just spend their time in buses/trains/planes/taxis, etc. travelling between cities, and when in cities, just seek out nightclubs.

I could spend 2 months just south of the Mekong!

You haven't indicated your focus for the Vietnam trip. Maybe if you indicated what you want to focus upon, others could better assist.

cheers

#6 Posted: 27/4/2009 - 17:20

• Phen0m

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

'2 months in Vietnam seems like overkill'

jep. I live here since June 2007 and I hate Vietnam.
    My insider recommendation: Phu Quock!!! It is a small island with a tiny airport, is is ubelivaby beautiful, clear water. There are only less flights to there. I've been there, i know a german family living there they have a resort with like 5 huts, (2 beds per hut), there are less tourists there when you go before June.

#7 Posted: 2/5/2009 - 11:26

• Phen0m

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Sorry i spelled Phu Quock wrog: it is Phu Quoc

#8 Posted: 2/5/2009 - 11:27

• travworld

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2007
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 2

I would just buy or rent a motorbike , and see it for yourself , after 2 months you should be able to visit every province. I like Quang Nam Near Tam ky good room prices cheaper food and nice nearby beach, no tourists , almost never.

#9 Posted: 13/5/2009 - 06:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.