Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Nha Trang airport - how far from the city?

• daflj

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2008
    Total reviews: 4

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello all,
    can somebody clear up some confusion for me please?

Travelfish says that Nha Trang airport is 35km outside the city, while Lonely Planet says "The airport is on the southern side of town and is so close to many of the hotels that you can actually walk".

Any clarity would be welcomed. If the airport IS miles outside the city what's the general cost of bus/tuk tuk etc?

Cheers
    Daf

#1 Posted: 25/4/2009 - 20:58

• Advertisement

• ngg18

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2008

Hi Daf,

The airport referred to in LP is an old airport that is no longer in use. Indeed it is close to a lot of hotels and the beach and you can walk right past there but it is not operational.

Flights depart from the airport some 35km from town. I cannot remember the price of a taxi to the airport sorry. I think it is quite a reasonable fare though. From memory, there is also a bus that goes to the airport but again I don't recall the details.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 26/4/2009 - 09:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.