Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Sim cards in Vietnam?

• bc3000

Joined Travelfish
    29th April, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi, I was just wondering what the best sim card was for calling abroad in Vietnam. I have a Mobifone one at the moment but I seem to run out of credit really quickly! Is there a time of day that's cheaper or something maybe?

#1 Posted: 29/4/2009 - 22:29

• Advertisement

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

bc

I had a similar experience some time ago. I got told that Viettel is the best for foreign call rates. It was much better, and that's all I now use.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 1/5/2009 - 12:58

• chicho83

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2008

Im using Vinaphone at the moment, seems to last ok when calling international numbers. Much more than i expected. try it and see, think it was only a couple of dollars to buy

#3 Posted: 1/5/2009 - 17:39

• waterbeo

Joined Travelfish
    7th May, 2009

Well, in VN, Mobifone and Vinafone are the two biggest and oldest company. Viettel is younger and growing fast.The calling rate is rank from highest to lowest: Mobifone/Vinaphone/Viettel. Service is as ... bad... as the other.There's a new communication company - EVN, I've heard it's cheap, but I've never tried. To communicate within Vietnam, Mobifone or Viettel is a good choice. Viettel is nationwide spread, and Mobifone wire is stronger and stable than all.

#4 Posted: 8/5/2009 - 00:37

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

EVERYBODY

waterbeo

is a 'would be' travel agent - con merchant.

He has made similar 'trust me' posts elsewhere on Travelfish today.

Believe what he writes at your peril!!!

Cheers

#5 Posted: 8/5/2009 - 06:33

• ktstop

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2012

Pay-as-you-go consumers need a high degree of flexibility and control with their mobile finances, and with 3's pay-as-you-go SIM card, no other PAYG service can match the flexibility provided by 3. The SIM card itself is free and will grant the user access to Skype and Windows Live Messenger at no extra cost -provided that you are using a mobile phone that is not sim locked and is 3G compatible. pay as you go

#6 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 08:20

• mariajames

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2012

To acquaint aural Vietnam, Mobifone or Viettel is a acceptable choice. Viettel is civic spread, and Mobifone wire is stronger and abiding than all

#7 Posted: 10/10/2012 - 11:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.