Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Sim cards in Vietnam?

Posted by bc3000 on 29/4/2009 at 22:29

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi, I was just wondering what the best sim card was for calling abroad in Vietnam. I have a Mobifone one at the moment but I seem to run out of credit really quickly! Is there a time of day that's cheaper or something maybe?

#1 bc3000 has been a member since 29/4/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by brucemoon on 1/5/2009 at 12:58

bc

I had a similar experience some time ago. I got told that Viettel is the best for foreign call rates. It was much better, and that's all I now use.

Cheers

#2 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by chicho83 on 1/5/2009 at 17:39

Im using Vinaphone at the moment, seems to last ok when calling international numbers. Much more than i expected. try it and see, think it was only a couple of dollars to buy

#3 chicho83 has been a member since 30/12/2008. Posts: 23

Posted by waterbeo on 8/5/2009 at 00:37

Well, in VN, Mobifone and Vinafone are the two biggest and oldest company. Viettel is younger and growing fast.The calling rate is rank from highest to lowest: Mobifone/Vinaphone/Viettel. Service is as ... bad... as the other.There's a new communication company - EVN, I've heard it's cheap, but I've never tried. To communicate within Vietnam, Mobifone or Viettel is a good choice. Viettel is nationwide spread, and Mobifone wire is stronger and stable than all.

#4 waterbeo has been a member since 7/5/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by brucemoon on 8/5/2009 at 06:33

EVERYBODY

waterbeo

is a 'would be' travel agent - con merchant.

He has made similar 'trust me' posts elsewhere on Travelfish today.

Believe what he writes at your peril!!!

Cheers

#5 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by ktstop on 27/9/2012 at 08:20

Pay-as-you-go consumers need a high degree of flexibility and control with their mobile finances, and with 3's pay-as-you-go SIM card, no other PAYG service can match the flexibility provided by 3. The SIM card itself is free and will grant the user access to Skype and Windows Live Messenger at no extra cost -provided that you are using a mobile phone that is not sim locked and is 3G compatible. pay as you go

#6 ktstop has been a member since 27/9/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by mariajames on 10/10/2012 at 11:01

To acquaint aural Vietnam, Mobifone or Viettel is a acceptable choice. Viettel is civic spread, and Mobifone wire is stronger and abiding than all

#7 mariajames has been a member since 29/9/2012. Posts: 57

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.