Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Arriving Late in Ho Chi Minh

Posted by TheOtherOne on 1/5/2009 at 23:55

My friend and I booked a flight from the states to Ho Chi Minh City that arrives at 11 PM. I imagine that after we get our bags, go through customs and immigration, and get into town it will be well after midnight.

Anyone out there have any suggestions on finding a backpacker guest-house/hostel that has 24 hour reception?????

Thanks!

#1 TheOtherOne has been a member since 1/5/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by brucemoon on 2/5/2009 at 04:59

TheOtherOne

With enough notice, most GH / hostels will let you in at any hour.

All the places I've stayed at have staff sleeping in the foyer, or an ante room. You may just have to bang on the door to awaken them.

I'd pre-book a place for at least one night and in the process ensure it's OK with them.

If after you get there, you don't like the place, you can move on.

Also, the web price is top dollar. If you front up to a place, you can bargain down.

Go to the 'accommodation' page for HaNoi under Vietnam, here on Travelfish, and select that which you want.

Cheers

#2 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by timpdx on 2/5/2009 at 05:51

At the airport just tell the taxi driver to take you to the An An 1 hotel. You don't have to stay there, but it puts you right in the area where there are tons of places to say. I found a place a few doors down, and as brucemoon says, they often sleep in the lobby. The An An 1 is US$25, I stayed at a place called Thai-something for $16. You should have no problems. Night metered taxi should be $10-ish since there will be no traffic. The cheap buses stops running at 7PM.

#3 timpdx has been a member since 1/5/2009. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.