Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hotel warning in Saigon

• Mwags

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Ive been in Vietnam for about a month now and just wanted to give a heads up to people about a not very good hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.

The hotel is called Xinh Hotel and its at the Pham Ngu Lao end of Mini Hotel alley.

The staff are very rude and as soon as you leave you room let themselves in. We went to a restaurant next door and went back ten mins later to get something to find they had been in our room.

Also we asked them to do some laundry for us, they told us we could get it back at 10am. We finally got it back about midday after seeing one of the staff was asleep on the floor with it. While talking to the manager about this he walked away while I was talking to him to talk to someone else.

Its not a great hotel and Im sure there are some much nicer ones in the area.

Xinh Mini hotel alley

#1 Posted: 3/5/2009 - 14:36

• Advertisement

• beachgirl

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

So you have nothing else to say? I don't understand people who join a site, make one post complaining about something and have nothing else to say! There are crappy places all over the world - why not move somewhere else and tell people about something you did that you actually enjoyed.

sigh.

#2 Posted: 4/5/2009 - 16:11

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand

Hi beach girl,
    I think posts highlighting bad hotels, tour companies etc are very useful. The more people who are made aware of a bad hotel or operator and can avoid them the better as far as I can see.

I for one write them down and if not avoiding them altogether, I a very careful checking them out. After all, if I only want to hear 'happy' tales I can read a sales brochure.

Also, the more people who contribute to this board, the more useful it becomes and if people can do this without receiving criticism concerning their posts the more others will be encouraged to contribute.

#3 Posted: 15/5/2010 - 23:29

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand

Hi beach girl,
    I think posts highlighting bad hotels, tour companies etc are very useful. The more people who are made aware of a bad hotel or operator and can avoid them the better as far as I can see.

I for one write them down and if not avoiding them altogether, I a very careful checking them out. After all, if I only want to hear 'happy' tales I can read a sales brochure.

Also, the more people who contribute to this board, the more useful it becomes and if people can do this without receiving criticism concerning their posts the more others will be encouraged to contribute.

#4 Posted: 15/5/2010 - 23:30

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I agree with both of you. Reading the negative reviews can be very helpful at times - and hopefully it just might help improve the service or whatever at the hotel.

If the critical post is made by someone who has been involved in the forum for some time, I would (generally) tend to take some notice of it. On the other hand, when the criticism is from a first-time (and only-time!) poster, it definitely has less credibility and I would take the comments with a grain of salt. (Is it just made by someone with a vendetta against the hotel? It is posted by a competitor? Is there someone grudge?) It could be a valid view, but I need more context to be able to consider it seriously.

Mwags - it would be good to hear about some other experiences that you have had - good and bad!

#5 Posted: 16/5/2010 - 04:03

• Vxh

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2010

I agreed with mikethediver, any reviews/opinions is valid as long as you tell the whole story.

busylizzy, similar to Mwags, I personally am not very active on the forum because I do not have any story; however, I have had bad experiences that was so bad that I had to make an account just to share my point on something. Personally, there is no one that would go though the trouble of taking the time to create an account just to write a bad reviews unless it's valid enough...face it, peoples are lazy, and the fact that the Mwags took the time to create an account just to review something, personally I would take that advice a bit more serious than a usual traveler with thousands of reviews, those are usually all the same...With that in mind, keep them reviews coming guys, don't criticize everything you read guys, believe it or not is up to you.

#6 Posted: 16/5/2010 - 11:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.