Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

night bus from Nha Trang to Dalat

Posted by npeng on 3/5/2009 at 22:16

I have a tight schedule here..is that any night bus from Nha Trang to Dalat? So that I can spend fully one day at Dalat.

#1 npeng has been a member since 3/5/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by brucemoon on 4/5/2009 at 08:16

npeng

I only found there to be a day bus. It leaves a couple of hours after the night bus from Hoi An arrives.

But, do you want to do/see anything in Nha Trang ? If so, do a day (or more) in Nha Trang and then catch the next day's day bus.

It seems that your questions could be more easily answered if you went to a reputable travel agent

Query ... is 'reputable travel agent' in Vietnam an oxymoron?

cheers

#2 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by npeng on 4/5/2009 at 21:22

You give me a mind that take the open bus tour. But is open bus tour run at night? I prefer take a night bus because I can save the hotel cost and time.
If the open bus tour also cant help me then I have to search for travel agent.

#3 npeng has been a member since 3/5/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by brucemoon on 5/5/2009 at 06:15

npeng

I didn't try the open bus tour.

The reason is that EVERYONE says DO NOT.

Travelfish warns against the open bus tour because it does not give you flexibility about where you can travel, The travel times may not suit you, and the locations where you get picked up / dropped off may not be to your liking. But, on the flip side they are cheap!

Cheers

#4 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by donnavan on 6/5/2009 at 01:04

We did the open bus tour and it was fine ok! For some reason there were flashing lights all along the inside of the bus for the first hour or two but we got to our destinations on time and in one piece with all our luggage! There's a night bus from Nha Trang to Dalat, i think the company was called mtv travel or something....

#5 donnavan has been a member since 21/3/2009. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.