Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Airlnes - A Joke

• allatsea3

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2009

Inflexible inconsiderate dont dare try and change flights .tried to change flight from Mekong Delta at Can Tho office told them i couldnt pick up ticket until next day . arrived at main office in Saigon to be told ticket cancelled as not picked up 4 hours before flight so got 75% refund and booked with Jetstar much better service . a good reason why only 3% of visitors return apart from price gouging tourists and generally unfriendly people.

#1 Posted: 4/5/2009 - 14:01

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Sorry you had problems with Viet Air, but I have had just the opposite. I find Jetstar Pacific to be awful (old equipment, delays, cancellations) while Vietnam Airlines has new equipment and gives very good service - many others feel the same way.

#2 Posted: 7/5/2009 - 00:50

• Pablot

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

They are all a rip off as far as I am concerned!!

In terms of arrogance VN Airlines & management of all VN state owned companies got their just rewards (a big face slap & cash penalty!) after the legal mess VN Airlines created in Italy (then transferred within EU to France) when they lost their court case and about US$6 million in a law suit against them!

What is needed in VN is much fewer tourists and then the industry may start to get cleaned up? also needed is entry free visa at airports for at least 30 days, more budget airlines & Danang openning up as a destination! status quo is bad for business!!!

#3 Posted: 7/5/2009 - 09:23

• waterbeo

Joined Travelfish
    7th May, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

@allatsea3: Each airlines has their own ticketing regulation. VNA too. They want pax to confirm the ticket in range of time, if you don't, booking will be cancelled automatically. I think it's just the confusion between you and the agent in Can Tho, when they didn't inform you clearly about VNA rule.
    Jestar Pacific is low cost carrier - they do everything to reduce the outcome. No free inflight service, like food and drink. But there's nothing if it's a short flight and if you don't have much require. But VNA is the different side. They're supported by the Gov. They have newer aircraft, have every advantage policy from the gov, though their staff is not good really. Till they receive such unfair support, VNA still "developes".

#4 Posted: 8/5/2009 - 00:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.