Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Phu Quoc Accomodation help!

• trimble

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2009

Hi all,

Myself and partner are set to travel to Vietnam later in the year, we are looking for accomodation on Phu Quoc over the xmas period. Can anyone make any suggestions/recommendations. We would like to be near/on the beach,(long beach area - or other good beach considered) in a bungalow or similar. We don't like the extreme budget options and so would prefer brick built structure not wood/bamboo at mid range level. We are struggling to find places we like so any advice will assist.
    Many thanks

#1 Posted: 4/5/2009 - 18:23

• Advertisement

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Trimble

Perhaps the best attribute about Travelfish is not that you and I can post messages to the Forum.

No!

Rather, the best attribute about Travelfish is that they review accommodation options in places, and unlike Lonely Planet, they do it without the accommodation provider knowing.

So, if you look at an accommodation provider that is listed on Travelfish, you'll know that the review is independant, and without favour.

Travelfish has put a lot of effort into reviewing accommodation in so many places.

All a viewer to Travelfish needs to do is go type in the town/city they are considering, and review the accommodation options.

That said, I'll make it easy for you. Please go look at:

http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/vietnam/mekong_delta/kien_giang/phu_quoc_island/all

And, wonders of wonders, that page also has a link to a map page so that you can see where each of the accommodations are located.

How easy is that!

Trust Travelfish!

Cheers

#2 Posted: 4/5/2009 - 19:55

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

Hi,

Two places I can fully recommend are Mai House and Cassia Cottage. Both are smack bang on the beach, Mai House being lovely little stone bungalows and Cassia Cottage more a combination of brick buidings and bungalows.

You can't go wrong with either of these in my opinion

Chris

#3 Posted: 5/5/2009 - 00:36

• trimble

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2009

Many thanks both - have tried both options suggested, just wondered if anyone knew of any other accomodation not usually listed on the usual - lonely planet, travelfish, trip advisor etc
    thanks again

#4 Posted: 5/5/2009 - 04:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.