Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

The REAL Easyriders!

• EmjayReet

Joined Travelfish
    4th July, 2006
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 3

I am struggling to work out who the real Easyriders are... I have three websites that all look great. I have corresponded with two of them.. one telling me I can do Dalat - Saigon in 3 days, the other insisting you must do it over 4 days.... I am confused!!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Who/which operator is trustworthy and good (doenst necessarily have to be the original)?

Can Dalat - Saigon be done in 3 days comfortably?

What do you do with your luggage??

Thanks in advance
    Reet xx

#1 Posted: 16/5/2009 - 08:41

• Advertisement

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Emjay

You're right, there are heaps of 'websites' for the Easy Riders.

Travelfish, has an answer:

http://www.travelfish.org/sights/vietnam/central_highlands/lam_dong/da_lat

Go to the bottom of the page for the link. Note that these 'Easy Riders' congregate at the 'Hang Out' cafe.

Elsewhere, the 'original' Easy Riders are supposed to hang out at the Peace Cafe...

http://www.vietnameasyrider.com/views.aspx?groupid=1&id=1

But, if you go and look at other options, then you'll see that prices vary.

As with everything in Vietnam, what you pay does NOT always mean you get a corresponding product: Vietnamese promise the world and all too often deliver broken dreams!

As for time between Saigon & Dalat, I did it in 7 hours on a Sinh Cafe bus. Anything longer than that means you are taking time - which hopefully is enjoyable.

I hired a motorbike in Dalat and was looking at a noticeboard at Nam Ban on my way to Elephant Falls when some 'easyriders' came past with pax and said 'follow us'. We did, and they invited us to join them to the other destinations. I found them informative and fun. But, which easyriders?

As Lonely Planet writes: not all Easy Riders are good, and many non-Easy Riders are excellent.

Bet that doesn't help...

Cheers

#2 Posted: 16/5/2009 - 13:17

• EmjayReet

Joined Travelfish
    4th July, 2006
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 3

Thanks Bruce... the eternal problem of planning a holiday to Vietnam... am I going to get what I paid for!! Bahahahahaha!

#3 Posted: 18/5/2009 - 18:11

• jules78

Joined Travelfish
    31st May, 2009
    Total reviews: 11

Posted from within Vietnam.

I want to clear this up.

The original Easy Riders are these guys - http://www.dalat-easyrider.com.vn/Websites/English/adventure.aspx

We have just finished a 6 day tour with them - from Dalat to Hoi An. It was incredible! We saw some extraordinary sights and met some brilliant people - not possible from the night bus!

We ate in all these tiny little local places; places you would never go into by yourself - the most delicious food ever, all for 20,000 dong including 2 beers each. We rode the Ho Chi Minh Trail...incredible. Just driving through the mountains for days was pretty incredible.

Our Easy Riders were Jean and Lu'u. They have loads of brilliant stories, their passion and history is inspiring and also full of jokes.

Contact Jean on jeaneasyrider@yahoo.com.vn or via the Dalat Easy Rider website. You can book trips in advance on their site. When we left them in Hoi An, an hour later, they had already procured a 7 day trip back down to Dalat! Their reputation proceeds them. ENJOY!

#4 Posted: 14/6/2009 - 12:02

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia

Jules78

It's really great when someone takes the time to write about a fantastic experience.

My post (above) points to the Travelfish link, which in turn refers to the group you went with.

Lonely Planet (with which I have a love/hate view) claims another body is the 'original'.

Perhaps wisely, Lonely Planet also writes: not all Easy Riders are good, and many non-Easy Riders are excellent[/i.

- - - -

I'd be really interested if you can describe the places you stayed, hours travelling, places you saw that really impressed you, and any other ideas that may interest me: and, I dare say, many many others.

Hope to hear a 'travelogue' soon.

Cheers

#5 Posted: 14/6/2009 - 12:31

• jules78

Joined Travelfish
    31st May, 2009

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your post - yeah we too have a love/hate relationship with LP. It can be great but so easy to get your head stuck in it.

Our trip was indeed brilliant. I'm sure there are lots of other 'easy riders' who would do a great job. What astonished us was that although they both had been doing this for 15 years, they still loved telling us about Vietnam and everything we saw.

Just for a lack of time, I'll put a short day by day diary entry for our trip. We travelled from between 8am/9am to around 4.30pm/5pm each day, with lots of breaks and stops along the road.

Day 1 - Dalat to Lak Lake.
    Visited 'Crazy House' a bit of an architectural monstrosity..you'll love it or hate it... a buddhist temple with some incredible Bonsai's, a pretty flower farm, a silk worm farm and a bamboo farm. The bamboo farm was quite interesting - they were making chopsticks, and everything under the sun you could imagine. A DELICIOUS lunch in the mountains (30,000vnd for tonnes of food), some walks on the mountain roads (to avoid cramps). Stayed at the 'Environment Hotel'... a bit of a random hotel but overlooking Lak Lake. The lake is beautiful.

Day Two - Lak Lake to Buon Ma Thot.
    Along the journey, we stopped at a brick making 'factory' (in a field), a granite 'field' and sand 'pit'...lots of hardcore manual labour jobs that would kill a westerner in an hour. Another excellent local lunch. Stayed at the Eden Hotel in Buon Ma Thot City - really nice! We were taken to a local restaurant (where they always sit on plastic furniture made for gnomes) and made our own fresh 'nems' or springrolls. We had at least 8 each with a bottle of Vang Dalat my rider went out and got for us.

Day Three - Buon Ma Thot to Kontum
    Lots of driving today.. stopped at a pepper field, cashew nut plantations, had a tasty lunch and stayed at a cheesy hotel (can't remember the name) but again, very nice. Went to another local eaterie and made our own pancake style suppers.

Day Four - Ho Chi Minh Trail
    This was my fave day. We followed the trail on the newly built road but in some stunning mountain landscapes. Along the way you could see the original tiny little dirt trail, which we walked along at several points. Incredible to think these paths were used not that long ago.. We were treated to venison and wild boar for dinner. Another food first with the wild boar.

Day Five - Ho Chi Minh Trail to Hoi An
    Finished the Trail, stopped at some cinammon tree areas, waterfalls, an incense 'factory'...a small family run business - it was pretty amazing watching them at work and a rice pancake 'factory' - another small family business on the side of the road. Had our first delicious sugar cane and lime juice, the first of many. Dropped off at the hotel of our choice.

Obviously, we saw and did a lot more than this - it was all great and I would recommend anyone to do the same! Some people go off for a couple of days, others do HCMC to Hanoi.. I'd definitely do that next time.

#6 Posted: 27/6/2009 - 16:26

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Jules
    You lost me here:

"We rode the Ho Chi Minh Trail...incredible. Just driving through the mountains for days was pretty incredible."

The Ho Chi Minh trail wasn't a single path, but rather a large network of paths and roads (trucks moved down the trail daily) through eastern Laos and Cambodia. Elements of the trail entered Vietnam into Dak Lak province - is this where you are referencing?

#7 Posted: 30/6/2009 - 12:18

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia

John

I think you're missing the point. In Vietnam, a saleable idea doesn't mean it has to be fact!!

That said, there is no doubt that the tracks used by the VC WITHIN Vietnam were narrow, largely hidden, and prone to all sorts of 'intrusions' by US forces.

To my way of thinking, it's probably likely that there are some well worn tracks across the central highlands area that were then covered by thick forest - but are now 'exposed' by the impacts of in-migration (northerners given land) and deforestation.

Cheers

#8 Posted: 30/6/2009 - 15:13

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

"I think you're missing the point. In Vietnam, a saleable idea doesn't mean it has to be fact!!"

But of course, what's wrong with me? Hollywood has this same problem.

#9 Posted: 1/7/2009 - 18:53

• jules78

Joined Travelfish
    31st May, 2009

Madmac,

Yes - the HCMC trail was a MASSIVE network of paths, trails, dirt-tracks, something we learnt along our journey. We followed a tiny, tiny part of it along the main road through the mountains. At various points, you can see the original trail and walk across it, which was pretty awe-inspiring. A bit of imagination and you can feel a small part of what once was...

Bruce - exactly right. Tracks that used to be totally hidden by the jungle, are now right in plain view.

Jules

#10 Posted: 2/7/2009 - 16:00

• Advertisement

• jules78

Joined Travelfish
    31st May, 2009

P.S. Madmac, I only intended my post to be a very short itinerary to possibly help other people with their decision about whether they do this sort of a trip.. apologies for any factual inacurracies..

#11 Posted: 2/7/2009 - 16:04

• roznkaz

Joined Travelfish
    23rd January, 2010

We are off with some Easy Riders from Dalat to Hoi An tomorrow. We are going by car though as we have some luggage and, as he said, we are older! It was totally unplanned but does take care of the problem of getting from Dalat to Hoi An during the Tet period. I was reassured when Jules78 mentioned Luu as he is the one we are going with. It is costing us $75 per day each but we buy our own meals. Maybe some will be included in accommodation, we will see. We will report back after the trip!
    Fingers crossed!

#12 Posted: 20/2/2010 - 17:01

• Archmichael

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 2

Some on-line items regarding the Ho Chi Minh Highway:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho_Chi_Minh_Highway

Ho Chi Minh Highway
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Ho Chi Minh Road or Ho Chi Minh Highway (Vietnamese language: Đường Hồ Chí Minh) is a highway in Vietnam. It runs from the north to the south of Vietnam, west of National Road 1A. The highway was named after Hồ Chí Minh. The route roughly coincides with the Ho Chi Minh Trail during the Vietnam War. It is a two-lane highway and is planned for 8-lane highway and will connect Cao Bang Province by the Sino-Vietnamese border to Ca Mau Province with the total length of 3,167 km. As of 2007, this road runs from Hoa Lac in Ha Tay Province to Ngoc Hoi in Kon Tum Province with a total length of 1,234.5 km."

And this:

http://www.prlog.org/10432167-ho-chi-minh-trail-vietnam-from-soldiers-road-to-tourist-highway.html

#13 Posted: 24/2/2010 - 11:26

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hi Jay,

Sounds like you had a great time on your motorbike tour. I went on a 9-day tour back in December and it was the absolute highlight of a 5-month trip for me.

The problem for anyone trying to organise one of these trips is to know who the 'real' Easy Riders are! And maybe it doesn't really matter as it's more important to get a safe driver that you feel qualified with that can deliver a great tour for you.

Having said that, I'm not convinced you did your tour with the 'original' Easy Riders. To the best of my knowledge, the 'real' (ie original) Easy Riders operate from this website: http://www.dalat-easyrider.com.vn/Websites/English/default.aspx. The drivers all wear blue jackets with a logo/patch on it as seen in the top left corner of the website.

Jay, I don't want to detract from your experience; as I said, it's the quality of the guide that is most important, regardless of what group they are with. What I liked about the blue-jacket guys is that they have a membership organisation with standards in place.

Several times on our trip we saw other 'copy' guides partying up big-time with their clients at night, getting obnoxiously drunk, etc. Now, I don't have a problem with people enjoying themselves, but I wouldn't particularly want my driver to be driving on the roads of Vietnam while he is still under the weather! (The blue-jacket ER's supposedly have strict rules about this).

Yes, you will get approached by many Easy Rider drivers in Dalat (blue-jackets and others). It IS hard to know who to go with. We spoke to a few just to get an idea of what their tours were like, but we then went to the Peace Cafe where we understand the original ER's hung out. And that was where we found our drivers. (For what it's worth, we rode with Mui and Quan - fantastic guys!)

Another thread that discusses the Easy Riders is here:
    http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/8665_easy-riding--warnings-and-recommendations

To anyone considering doing an ER tour: DO IT!! Bugger the cost, you won't regret it! And I agree with Jay - longer is better. We extended our originally-planned 4-day trip (Dalat to Mui Ne) to 9-days (Dalat to Can Tho in the Mekong Delta area)! It was just absolutely awesome!

#14 Posted: 10/3/2010 - 02:43

• Veronique

Joined Travelfish
    16th March, 2010

My name is Veronique, Italian, I don't think "The original Easy Riders" are the one you are looking for?!! The following story is my nightmare experience.
    I did an easy rider tour from Da Lat to Hoi An with one of the "The original Easy Riders"; his name is Lulu, licence number 22, his real name is Bach Van Hung. I had booked the tour with a real easy rider to be safe but it hasnt been the case, as soon as the trip began, Lulu was hugging me too often and in a way that he could feel my breast, he was always trying to kiss me and I was not feeling good about this, I told him that that was not I was looking for and as soon as I said that, he refused to talk to me (really good to pay 420 dollars to be with a non-speaking guide), when I was trying to talk to him, he was taking it as an invitation and was trying to kiss me again, I had to push him back really badly and he told me that I was strange, that I was not like the other girls, then on the 3rd day, he changed the trip (it was originally going from Dalat to Hoi An) and he take me to Quy Nhon instead of Hoi An (not really the same hey ?) and whey we arrived he asked me for a tip ! Unbelievable ! I'm really not satisfied because I've been afraid for those 6 days and have been harrassed all the time, this man is mental and I'd like you to tell me what you are going to do (compensation for me, a fine for him ?) I dont want the other girls to live the same thing because it was a real nightmare.
    Up to now, I didn't have any response nor compensation from those guide,
    Do you think they will kind with you and help you?...
    Veronique

#15 Posted: 16/3/2010 - 11:27

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hey Veronique, I am sorry that you had such an awful experience.

Was your guide one of the blue-jacket Easy Riders? If so, I would suggest that you report him to the ER organisation. If he is part of the Dalat Easy Rider group, they will not want this sort of behaviour to tarnish their reputation.

You could always send an email to the email address shown on their website(dalateasyriders@yahoo.com).

Alternatively, I could contact the guide that I used and see what he suggests. I know that he would be appalled to hear this as their group reputation was important to him. If you would like, you can get Somtam2000 (the administrator on this site) to send my email address to you and we can correspond from there. You can contact him at helpdesk (at) travelfish.org.

But note that I can only get my drivers, Quan and Mui to help if YOUR driver was in the same Dalat ER organisation.

I suspect you won't get your money back but they may be able to have some sort of reprimand or expulsion of your driver.

From what I've read, a majority of these drivers are excellent. It would be a shame for one to tarnish the reputation of all of them.

#16 Posted: 16/3/2010 - 15:45

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

I did a tour today with a guide who is not an easy rider but I was very impressed with him. He told me that Lulu had been expelled from Easy Riders for the kind of behaviour Veronique talked about. Those blue jackets are new, when I went on a tour with them 4 years ago they didn't have them. I've heard they have to pay to get the jacket to join easy riders now, which explains why some of them are not so good.

#17 Posted: 21/3/2010 - 19:43

• BanhMi

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2010

Just finished the six day trip from Hoi an to Dalat using the Blue Jacket guys, Dalat Easy Riders (the Website that buzzylizzy links to in Post#17)
    I was doing the trip in the opposite direction than usual, so they requested I prepay a deposit through Western Union to pay for the driver to come out and pick me up. I was a bit worried about this at first, but everything turned out great. I kept in contact as I got closer to Hoi An, and was able to meet the driver there the day before to suss him and the bike out.
    Turns out their group is a collective of 50+ drivers, you can very easily find them all over Dalat. Are all the drivers created equal? Probably not, but of all the people I met along the way who were using Dalat Easy riders (they put everyone up at the same hotels, and use some of the same restaurants)nobody had anything but great things to say. I can definately reccomend my driver named Chung who has done the trip countless times, has lived all over Vietnam and is a wealth of knowledge and an excellent driver.
    Anyway it is a great trip, everything evryone sez it is. If you've got the money and time and dont mind a bit (between a bit and a lot)) of bumpy road, DO IT!
    Okay, the rain finally let up in Dalat. Im going to get a Banh My.

#18 Posted: 8/7/2010 - 14:32

• mandarc

Joined Travelfish
    14th July, 2010

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone else had to pay a deposit through Western Union? I was asked that as well and am wondering if that is the norm.

#19 Posted: 14/7/2010 - 00:43

• alicebacon

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2010

Re Payment through Western Union..
    Not normally but we did several months ago, even though it wasn't recommended by Western Union as it can't be tracked.
    The reason we used Western Union is we couldn't change the set $ amount (for deposit) via PayPal to accommodate the interest that was going to be charged for credit card payments. Western Union were good and did confirm our transaction via phone and email to ensure we were legit.

#20 Posted: 28/10/2010 - 18:38

• NoPlaceToBe

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2010

We did a day tour with one of the guys from dalat-easyrider.com called Mr Hung, Just amazing.

So good in fact we have booked a 3 day 2 night trip further into the highlands with him, setting off tomorrow.

#21 Posted: 29/10/2010 - 15:02

• kfie

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2011

I booked a 5 day trip from Hoi An to DaLat with River's company that a few other people have recommended here. I was nervous at first to travel alone as a female traveller, but River and my guide Hung made me really comfortable and the trip couldn't have been better!! Hung had a lot of spots that were off the beaten path of other tours, like a political prison we visited where I was the only tourist there. He was also a great guide because riding my own bike he encouraged me to go at my own pace and stop whenever I needed to. I got to see Vietnamese culture up close, and Hung was really knowledgable about the history of the sites we visited, as well as really fun to hang out with! We got to see a side of Vietnam I hadn't experienced until then, and after 5 days in Hoi An it was very refreshing to be away from the normal tourist areas.I had dinner with River and a few other tourists when we got to DaLat and got to meet some of the other guides who work with him, and they all seemed like very genuine, down to earth guys. It was great to meet all the guides and by far the coolest thing I have done in vietnam.

Their website is Vietnameasyrider.com and email is giangguider@yahoo.com. I think they are one of the most legit groups out there - they went above and beyond to make sure I was having a good time and comfortable,which meant a lot to me. Really the best guides you could have. I would definetly recommend River's company, he will make you feel at home away from home, he even booked a hotel for me when I arrived in DaLat, totally going out of the way which other guides wont do. Please feel free to contact me on here if you have any questions about the trip. It was an amazing experience, go for it!

#22 Posted: 21/3/2011 - 16:06

• dwighthz

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2008

Greetings,

I see there is some concern regarding "original" Easy Riders. If you really desire an "original" Easy Rider your first clue will be the man's age. As posted earlier the original Easy Riders were former members of the South Vietnamese armed forces, who were unable to get work due to their (or their family's) connections with the former government. The RVN government fell in 1975. Original Easy Riders will be about 60 years old minimum.

A good guide is a good guide, no matter his age. A referral is the best recommendation. I've used "Ti Ti" (Easy Rider) when I visit DaLat. He speaks good English and has provided good local tours for me on several occasions.

I motorbiked from HoiAn to DaLat in 2003. (Found guide in HoiAn) The road (Highway 14/ Ho Chi Minh Trail)) was in good condition even back then. There were a couple of construction zones - dusty and dangerous. Watch for big trucks and buses - just like the rest of Vietnam. Plan on 5 days minimum.

If you have to pick between the coastal route and the mountain route - it's the mountain route for sure. You can take in Nha Trang whether you travel N to S or S to N.

Enjoy your trip!

Dwight Zimpel
    Your Vietnam Tour Guide

#23 Posted: 22/3/2011 - 23:20

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

Wow, so many first time posters on one thread. Somehow I'm not surprised...

'sheeed

#24 Posted: 23/3/2011 - 12:06

• ccalvin09

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2009

Still doing my Vietnam vs. Laos homework, and this little adventure option sounds so awesome! Three outstanding questions after reading all this: 1) How many hours a day are you actually on a bike? 2) Do you wear your backpack while on the bike, or is there a little luggage trailer? 3) I assume I can ride with a guide if I am a shitty driver?

#25 Posted: 20/4/2011 - 05:12

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Calvin - it's an awesome way to see Vietnam. (I did a 9-day trip). You ride on the back of your driver's bike. They put your pack into plastic bags to keep the rain off, and it's strapped on tightly to the bike behind you.

In my case there were two of us, so we had two drivers. Whenever we stopped to check something out, one driver always stayed with the bike to watch the gear.

You would probably spent 4-6 hours a day on the bike maybe, but it was broken up with lots of stops along the way, usually at least once an hour or so.

#26 Posted: 20/4/2011 - 08:14

• Randy

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

...Just a glimpse into a piece of Hochiminh Trails that were used by NVAs during VN War. Including a famous song during vn war on the side of NVAs: http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=lLdOf_OmiLc

#27 Posted: 1/5/2011 - 22:30

• beentheredo-
    neit

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2011

Just made a video about a tour that I did in July 11.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAoF4c3MZN8
    If you like what you see then email Gon at myheart502@yahoo.com or call him on 0975245543. It was the best thing I did in Vietnam and they were great guides!

Hope this helps!

#28 Posted: 22/9/2011 - 21:41

• alicebacon

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2010

Hi charliebrow-n44
    Lee was absolutely brilliant! Both myself and my husband, extremely impressed with how Lee handled all matters including ensuring we were looked after while on our trip.
    We did 3912 kilometres in 24 days, both being pillions. Due to the length of our trip we opted to invest in AIRHAWK Cushions, knowing we would be doing up to 8 hours a day on the back of the bikes (Bonus 150) per day. The boys were great and very conscious of our comfort, stoping every few hours so we could have a decent walk to stretch our legs.
    In regards to payment we paid a 10% deposit on confirmation of our booking, which can be done via PayPal if you don’t mind paying the small amount of surcharge that PayPal charges. As our deposit was a bit larger (for the 24 days) we opted to pay through Western Union, even though a cash transfer to individuals is not recommended by Western Union. Based on all of our interactions with Lee, we felt very comfortable making this cash payment and Lee confirmed straight away once received. The balance was paid in cash (American dollars) half on arrival and half at the end of our trip.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Best regards, Alice

#29 Posted: 28/11/2011 - 16:51

• charliebrow-
    n44

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2011

Hi Alice

Thank you very much for your info, that has been a great help. Feel much happier now, think we will invest in the Airhawk cushions too. was a bit worried about how they wanted payment etc. as didnt want to have to pay upfront and then find we didnt have any guides! Its good to know that you had such a good time and that they looked after you well, I need to stop every few hours for a stretch, thinking of doing a 15 day tour but not keen on the tunnels so have asked not to go to these, just want to see the beautiful countryside and waterfalls etc. Will let you know how we get on. Thank you again.

charliebrown

#30 Posted: 29/11/2011 - 14:13

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

Kill me... killlll meeeeeeeee....

Love,
    this thread

#31 Posted: 12/4/2012 - 05:22

• stoneman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 9

Ihave undertaken extensive internet research (travel site reviews, travel blogs)over recent months about the easyrider groups at Da Lat. I have found no lessthan 8 groups operating.

Frommy list No.1 is ‘the original’ easyrider group. No. 2 is a breakaway group fromthe original easyriders. Nos. 3 to 8 are subsequent formed groups.

1.http://dalat-easyrider.com –EasyRider Café,70 Phan Dinh Phung St.
    2.www.easyrider-tours.com , Peace Café-66 Truong Cong Dinh St.
    3.www.dalateasyriders.com – no addresson website, they come and meet with you
    4.www.easy-riders.net - info at TheHangout Bar, 71 Truong Cong Dinh St.
    5.www.dalat-easyriders.com & www.freelance-rider.com
    -Binh Yen Hotel - 7 Hai Thuong St.
    6.http://vietnam-motorcycle-easyriders.com/home.html -Tourists Café, 61 Ba Thang Hai St.
    7.www.vietnameasyrider.com - Nice Dream Hotel,34B Hai Ba Trung St
    8.www.vietnam-easyrider.com - Da LatTravel,34 Hoa Binh Square

Tobe fair to all groups I can say that 99% of the reviews/comments I have readhave been positive. Good advice – meet with your potential easyrider over adrink prior to your trip to see if you will feel comfortable travelling withhim.

Itis not so much which group you book with rather than which group will get yourtourist dollars.

Ifanyone wishes to challenge the information I have provided then please post. Iam more than happy to amend my research notes.

#32 Posted: 16/4/2012 - 00:52

• Suturn

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2012
    Location Italy
    Total reviews: 8

Nr. 6 is in 61 Duong 3/2

#33 Posted: 1/8/2012 - 05:48

• letmeinplz

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2012

I think you're missing the point. In Vietnam, a saleable idea doesn't mean it has to be fact!!

That said, there is no doubt that the tracks used by the VC WITHIN Vietnam were narrow, largely hidden, and prone to all sorts of 'intrusions' by US forces.

To my way of thinking, it's probably likely that there are some well worn tracks across the central highlands area that were then covered by thick forest - but are now 'exposed' by the impacts of in-migration (northerners given land) and deforestation.

Cheers

#34 Posted: 7/8/2012 - 06:34

• letmeinplz

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2012

Thanks Bruce... the eternal problem of planning a holiday to Vietnam... am I going to get what I paid for!! Bahahahahaha!

#35 Posted: 8/8/2012 - 06:32

• stoneman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 9

Suturn, a belated thank you for your advice.

#36 Posted: 24/3/2013 - 03:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.