Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Northwest Vietnam - Not organized tour

• MisterV

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2009

Hi all,

I'm planning to travel in this region with my friend. Would like to hear from you is it dangerous/hard to get around and not recomended OR the opposite..
    My plan is to use the public bus from Hanoi to Mai Chau then Son la - DBP - Lai Chau - Sapa. Is it possible to find local guides/agencies in these locations? (except sapa - its full of those)
    Should I consider taking an organized tour in hanoi? I really want to save money but on the other hand dont want to find myself in frustaighting situations..

Thanks

#1 Posted: 22/5/2009 - 04:20

• Advertisement

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

V

You also asked this at the end of another post.

As I said there, the route is quite easy, and like any travel in 'areas less travelled', there are few travel agents offering tours, etc.

But, that's why people go on roads less travelled.

If you do your homework (ie., look in Lonely Planet - Vietnam) and research about where the bus stations are, etc, you'll be OK.

The only downside would be if you either panic too much and don't enjoy what the areas have to offer. Or, are too laid back and overlook the basic need to ensure you know how to get to the next leg in the time you desire.

Otherwise, enjoy..
    Cheers

#2 Posted: 22/5/2009 - 06:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Mekong Delta - organized bike tour or explore on our own? ... By Dorotich on 7 Mar 2014 1 446 7 Mar 2014