Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

REAL Sinh Cafe website??!!

Posted by Noggins on 4/6/2009 at 07:55

Posted from within Vietnam.

The lonely planet says the website is www.sinhcafevn.com , which is the one we used, checked and have booked a ticket with the agency from. Just heard from someone else who says this isnt the one! Too late now, but does anyone know which is the REAL one to save booking wrong in future?
Also, be careful with the lonely planet, as it has an address listing for Sinh Cafe in one place, but then has it on the wrong road on the map- of course someone has taken up the opportunity to place a fake sinh cafe there, so dont believe the map! (we have continually found LP maps to be of very poor quality so dont usually trust them anyway!)

#1 Noggins has been a member since 26/5/2009. Posts: 24

Posted by brucemoon on 5/6/2009 at 04:44

Noggins

Yes, you booked with an imposter.

The REAL Sinh Cafe is:

www.sinhcafe.com
Edit by Somtam2000: Above is not correct, and I've delinked it to avoid confusion. See next post
There are many posts on Travelfish about the problem in Vietnam with imposter travel agents using recognised brand names. For example, go to:

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/5433_warning--faked-sinh-cafe-ha-noi

Cheers

#2 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/6/2009 at 13:02 admin

I've only just noticed this thread -- as far as I'm aware, the "official" website of the original Sinh Cafe (which commenced business in Saigon -- not Hanoi) is: http://www.sinhcafevn.com and their full address in Saigon being:

248 De Tham St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

There are many agents that rip-off the Sinh Cafe name -- so it is a case of buyer beware.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Noggins on 26/6/2009 at 08:49

Thanks for the replies- Sontam youre right it was the real one- we were so impressed with them we booked buses with them all the way down to Saigon, and in many places, such as Dalat, their office was the only Sinh Cafe, so it was definetely the real one. The night buses were excellent, very clean and comfortable, the day ones were fine- only downside was they stopped pretty frequently. We also arranged a couple of pick up and drop off off the usual route - Ninh Binh and Quang Ngai, and they sorted it out with no problems, we were picked up fine both times even though we were the only ones getting off/on, and there was never any pressure to stay at any affliated hotels. Would definetely reccomend using them to anyone else- just make sure you find the branches by checking their website and finding the branches yourself, Lonely Planet is no help!

#4 Noggins has been a member since 26/5/2009. Posts: 24

Posted by Noggins on 26/6/2009 at 08:50

Thanks for the replies- Sontam youre right it was the real one- we were so impressed with them we booked buses with them all the way down to Saigon, and in many places, such as Dalat, their office was the only Sinh Cafe, so it was definetely the real one. The night buses were excellent, very clean and comfortable, the day ones were fine- only downside was they stopped pretty frequently. We also arranged a couple of pick up and drop off off the usual route - Ninh Binh and Quang Ngai, and they sorted it out with no problems, we were picked up fine both times even though we were the only ones getting off/on, and there was never any pressure to stay at any affliated hotels. Would definetely reccomend using them to anyone else- just make sure you find the branches by checking their website and finding the branches yourself, Lonely Planet is no help!

#5 Noggins has been a member since 26/5/2009. Posts: 24

Posted by BruceMoon on 27/6/2009 at 08:55

Noggins

Like you, I was also impressed on my first visit to VN, and have used them consistently since then.

When in VN, I don't use the pc to make bookings, so like you, was not impressed with the lack of detail with Lonely Planet.

So, when searching to find the 'correct' Sinh Cafe webiste address at your posting, I made a booboo re: website.

I've posted comments re: the impact of Lonely Planet's wrong addressing in HaNoi.

I'm glad we can at least both agree on the 'value' of Sinh Cafe as a legit, and decent travel operator.

Cheers

#6 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by CoCo09 on 18/9/2009 at 21:24

Hi

Can you tell me please is this the correct sinhcafe to use? http://www.sinhcafevn.com/Branches.asp

It sounds like VN is a really bad place for con artists. I am heading over shortly and am really starting to be please i am reading all this.

Co.

#7 CoCo09 has been a member since 16/9/2009. Posts: 13

Posted by NYTim on 28/9/2009 at 22:07

Thank god I have the right Sinh Cafe. It was very confusing but once I started building my itinerary they were so helpful, via e-mail, in assisting me. I do not believe a fake place would provide the level of service I required. I must have changed my plans 9 times and they were were ever so patient with me. I arrive on October 18th, a newbie to VIetnam but a very experienced traveller. This site is awesome.

Cheers
NYTim

#8 NYTim has been a member since 11/9/2009. Posts: 106

Posted by magicpixiejo on 18/11/2009 at 18:29

OK...so I just tried the website recommended above (by Somtam etc) and it redicrected me to a new website www.thesinhtourist.vn Can anyone tell me if this is still the same recommended Sinh Cafe?? (Address is Saigon is the same as mentioned above). Cheers.

#9 magicpixiejo has been a member since 12/11/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by NYTim on 18/11/2009 at 20:36

It is the correct site

#10 NYTim has been a member since 11/9/2009. Posts: 106

Posted by thesinhtourist on 20/3/2010 at 08:05

REAL SINHCAFE

Dear all,

Sinhcafe has changed its name to TheSinhTourist because of a lot of faked Sinhcafe in Ha Noi.

The new website is www.thesinhtourist.vn

To Noggins:www.sinhcafevn.com was the real one. Its funny that the real Sinhcafe got the name sinhcafevn.com. "vn" stands for VietNam. But the faked ones got the name sinhcafe.com or sinhcafe.vn. The reason is: Real Sinhcafe didnt pay its attention to website. When the faked ones occupied the above names, Real sinhsafe had to get the name sinhcafevn.com...... Just remember now there is no Sinhcafe... Only TheSinhTourist.

TheSinhTourist (Or Real Sinhcafe) focuses on the backpacker market so the price is very competitive.

It runs daily open bus and open tour in Viet Nam and Cambodia.
You can get ticket one day before departure.

Here are its offices in Viet Nam:

1/ Head offices:
* 246 De Tham Street, district 1, Ho Chi Minh city.
Tel: (848) 38389597
Email: info@thesinhtourist.vn

* 24 - 26 Pho Duc Chinh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city (near Ben Thanh market: for cargo services through Viet Nam
Tel: (848) 38217421

2/ DA LAT city
4A Bui Thi Xuan street, Da Lat city
Tel: (848)633822663
Email: dalat@thesinhtourist.vn

3/ Mui Ne
144 Nguyen Dinh Chieu street, Ham Tien, Mui Ne, Phan Thiet
Tel: (848) 623847542
Email: muine@thesinhtourist.vn

4/ Nha Trang
10 Biet Thu street, Nha Trang city
Tel: (848) 583521981

5/ Hoi An
587 Hai Ba Trung street, Hoi An town
Tel: (848)5103863948

6/ Da Nang
145 Bach Dang street, Da Nang city
Tel: (848) 51133843259
Email: danang@thesinhtourist.vn

7/ HUE
Kios 04, 12 Hung Vuong street, Hue city
Tel: (848) 543826867
Email: hue@thesinhtourist.vn

8/ Ha Noi
Please inform that there are about 100 faked Sinhcafe in Hanoi. Make sure that you come to real Sinhcafe offices.
The REAL ONE now is TheSinhTourist. It no longer uses Sinhcafe name

* 40 Luong Ngoc Quyen street, Ha nOI CITY
Tel: (848) 439261568
Email; hanoi@thesinhtourist.vn

* 64 Tran Nhat Duat street, Ha Ni city
Tel: (848) 439290394

IN CAMBODIA

* Phnom Penh
TheSinhTourist hotel in Phnom Penh
No 106 - 108, Street 230, S/K Phsar Deum Kor, Khan Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh
Tel: (855) 23993461
Email: phnompenh@thesinhtourist.vn

* Siem Reap
TheSinhTourist hotel in Siem Reap
Road Charles de Gaulle (opposite National museum)
Tel: (855) 63963461
Email: siemreap@thesinhtourist.vn

Thanks for your reading.

Tom Lee
Reseach and developmet officer
TheSinhTourist

#11 thesinhtourist has been a member since 20/3/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by LaraP on 17/8/2010 at 19:42

Wow, really pleased I searched Sinh Cafe on here - was about to book bus tickets from Hoi An to Hue from what appears to be an imposter sinh cafe! Can I just confirm that this is the real website? http://www.thesinhtourist.vn/Tours.aspx

Thanks!

#12 LaraP has been a member since 17/8/2009. Posts: 20

Posted by tropixblue on 13/5/2011 at 12:32

There are scores of copy cat Sinh Cafe and variants. If you are looking for the guy who started it all and made the name Sinh worth copying or claiming to be the "Original" look up this link http://sinhbalo.com/guest_comment_lpg.html Navigate your way from there. The name is now SINHBALO. You can google that and check out the About Us for the guy who started it all.

#13 tropixblue has been a member since 3/4/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by mycroft47 on 4/8/2012 at 19:52

For further clarification.

I am a Canadian who has been visiting Vietnam and/or living here since 1994. The original travel agency that started in the Sinh Cafe in De Tham Street in Saigon is now called (as mentioned above) The Sinh Tourist and is located at 246 De Tham Street, District 1 in the Pham Ngu Lao backpacker district (https://www.thesinhtourist.vn). I have used them and recommended them many times.

I have also used Sinh Balo (see tropixblue's post above) before and can recommend them as well (http://sinhbalo.com). I had not appreciated the connection with Sinh Cafe (see their About Us section). By the way, "ba lô" means "backpacker".

http://www.sinhcafe.com and http://www.sinhcafe.net are Hanoi-based companies who ripped-off Sinh Cafe's name and logo. I have no knowledge of their businesses.

Any other websites with "sinhcafe" in their names are also imposters.

#14 mycroft47 has been a member since 4/8/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.