Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

REAL Sinh Cafe website??!!

• Noggins

Joined Travelfish
    26th May, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

The lonely planet says the website is www.sinhcafevn.com , which is the one we used, checked and have booked a ticket with the agency from. Just heard from someone else who says this isnt the one! Too late now, but does anyone know which is the REAL one to save booking wrong in future?
    Also, be careful with the lonely planet, as it has an address listing for Sinh Cafe in one place, but then has it on the wrong road on the map- of course someone has taken up the opportunity to place a fake sinh cafe there, so dont believe the map! (we have continually found LP maps to be of very poor quality so dont usually trust them anyway!)

#1 Posted: 4/6/2009 - 07:55

• Advertisement

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Noggins

Yes, you booked with an imposter.

The REAL Sinh Cafe is:

www.sinhcafe.com
    Edit by Somtam2000: Above is not correct, and I've delinked it to avoid confusion. See next post
    There are many posts on Travelfish about the problem in Vietnam with imposter travel agents using recognised brand names. For example, go to:

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/5433_warning--faked-sinh-cafe-ha-noi

Cheers

#2 Posted: 5/6/2009 - 04:44

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've only just noticed this thread -- as far as I'm aware, the "official" website of the original Sinh Cafe (which commenced business in Saigon -- not Hanoi) is: http://www.sinhcafevn.com and their full address in Saigon being:

248 De Tham St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

There are many agents that rip-off the Sinh Cafe name -- so it is a case of buyer beware.

#3 Posted: 14/6/2009 - 13:02

• Noggins

Joined Travelfish
    26th May, 2009

Thanks for the replies- Sontam youre right it was the real one- we were so impressed with them we booked buses with them all the way down to Saigon, and in many places, such as Dalat, their office was the only Sinh Cafe, so it was definetely the real one. The night buses were excellent, very clean and comfortable, the day ones were fine- only downside was they stopped pretty frequently. We also arranged a couple of pick up and drop off off the usual route - Ninh Binh and Quang Ngai, and they sorted it out with no problems, we were picked up fine both times even though we were the only ones getting off/on, and there was never any pressure to stay at any affliated hotels. Would definetely reccomend using them to anyone else- just make sure you find the branches by checking their website and finding the branches yourself, Lonely Planet is no help!

#4 Posted: 26/6/2009 - 08:49

• Noggins

Joined Travelfish
    26th May, 2009

Thanks for the replies- Sontam youre right it was the real one- we were so impressed with them we booked buses with them all the way down to Saigon, and in many places, such as Dalat, their office was the only Sinh Cafe, so it was definetely the real one. The night buses were excellent, very clean and comfortable, the day ones were fine- only downside was they stopped pretty frequently. We also arranged a couple of pick up and drop off off the usual route - Ninh Binh and Quang Ngai, and they sorted it out with no problems, we were picked up fine both times even though we were the only ones getting off/on, and there was never any pressure to stay at any affliated hotels. Would definetely reccomend using them to anyone else- just make sure you find the branches by checking their website and finding the branches yourself, Lonely Planet is no help!

#5 Posted: 26/6/2009 - 08:50

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Noggins

Like you, I was also impressed on my first visit to VN, and have used them consistently since then.

When in VN, I don't use the pc to make bookings, so like you, was not impressed with the lack of detail with Lonely Planet.

So, when searching to find the 'correct' Sinh Cafe webiste address at your posting, I made a booboo re: website.

I've posted comments re: the impact of Lonely Planet's wrong addressing in HaNoi.

I'm glad we can at least both agree on the 'value' of Sinh Cafe as a legit, and decent travel operator.

Cheers

#6 Posted: 27/6/2009 - 08:55

• CoCo09

Joined Travelfish
    16th September, 2009

Hi

Can you tell me please is this the correct sinhcafe to use? http://www.sinhcafevn.com/Branches.asp

It sounds like VN is a really bad place for con artists. I am heading over shortly and am really starting to be please i am reading all this.

Co.

#7 Posted: 18/9/2009 - 21:24

• NYTim

Joined Travelfish
    11th September, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

Thank god I have the right Sinh Cafe. It was very confusing but once I started building my itinerary they were so helpful, via e-mail, in assisting me. I do not believe a fake place would provide the level of service I required. I must have changed my plans 9 times and they were were ever so patient with me. I arrive on October 18th, a newbie to VIetnam but a very experienced traveller. This site is awesome.

Cheers
    NYTim

#8 Posted: 28/9/2009 - 22:07

• magicpixiejo

Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2009

OK...so I just tried the website recommended above (by Somtam etc) and it redicrected me to a new website www.thesinhtourist.vn Can anyone tell me if this is still the same recommended Sinh Cafe?? (Address is Saigon is the same as mentioned above). Cheers.

#9 Posted: 18/11/2009 - 18:29

• NYTim

Joined Travelfish
    11th September, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

It is the correct site

#10 Posted: 18/11/2009 - 20:36

• Advertisement

• thesinhtour-
    ist

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2010

REAL SINHCAFE

Dear all,

Sinhcafe has changed its name to TheSinhTourist because of a lot of faked Sinhcafe in Ha Noi.

The new website is www.thesinhtourist.vn

To Noggins:www.sinhcafevn.com was the real one. Its funny that the real Sinhcafe got the name sinhcafevn.com. "vn" stands for VietNam. But the faked ones got the name sinhcafe.com or sinhcafe.vn. The reason is: Real Sinhcafe didnt pay its attention to website. When the faked ones occupied the above names, Real sinhsafe had to get the name sinhcafevn.com...... Just remember now there is no Sinhcafe... Only TheSinhTourist.

TheSinhTourist (Or Real Sinhcafe) focuses on the backpacker market so the price is very competitive.

It runs daily open bus and open tour in Viet Nam and Cambodia.
    You can get ticket one day before departure.

Here are its offices in Viet Nam:

1/ Head offices:
    * 246 De Tham Street, district 1, Ho Chi Minh city.
    Tel: (848) 38389597
    Email: info@thesinhtourist.vn

* 24 - 26 Pho Duc Chinh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city (near Ben Thanh market: for cargo services through Viet Nam
    Tel: (848) 38217421

2/ DA LAT city
    4A Bui Thi Xuan street, Da Lat city
    Tel: (848)633822663
    Email: dalat@thesinhtourist.vn

3/ Mui Ne
    144 Nguyen Dinh Chieu street, Ham Tien, Mui Ne, Phan Thiet
    Tel: (848) 623847542
    Email: muine@thesinhtourist.vn

4/ Nha Trang
    10 Biet Thu street, Nha Trang city
    Tel: (848) 583521981

5/ Hoi An
    587 Hai Ba Trung street, Hoi An town
    Tel: (848)5103863948

6/ Da Nang
    145 Bach Dang street, Da Nang city
    Tel: (848) 51133843259
    Email: danang@thesinhtourist.vn

7/ HUE
    Kios 04, 12 Hung Vuong street, Hue city
    Tel: (848) 543826867
    Email: hue@thesinhtourist.vn

8/ Ha Noi
    Please inform that there are about 100 faked Sinhcafe in Hanoi. Make sure that you come to real Sinhcafe offices.
    The REAL ONE now is TheSinhTourist. It no longer uses Sinhcafe name

* 40 Luong Ngoc Quyen street, Ha nOI CITY
    Tel: (848) 439261568
    Email; hanoi@thesinhtourist.vn

* 64 Tran Nhat Duat street, Ha Ni city
    Tel: (848) 439290394

IN CAMBODIA

* Phnom Penh
    TheSinhTourist hotel in Phnom Penh
    No 106 - 108, Street 230, S/K Phsar Deum Kor, Khan Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh
    Tel: (855) 23993461
    Email: phnompenh@thesinhtourist.vn

* Siem Reap
    TheSinhTourist hotel in Siem Reap
    Road Charles de Gaulle (opposite National museum)
    Tel: (855) 63963461
    Email: siemreap@thesinhtourist.vn

Thanks for your reading.

Tom Lee
    Reseach and developmet officer
    TheSinhTourist

#11 Posted: 20/3/2010 - 08:05

• LaraP

Joined Travelfish
    17th August, 2009

Wow, really pleased I searched Sinh Cafe on here - was about to book bus tickets from Hoi An to Hue from what appears to be an imposter sinh cafe! Can I just confirm that this is the real website? http://www.thesinhtourist.vn/Tours.aspx

Thanks!

#12 Posted: 17/8/2010 - 19:42

• tropixblue

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2011

There are scores of copy cat Sinh Cafe and variants. If you are looking for the guy who started it all and made the name Sinh worth copying or claiming to be the "Original" look up this link http://sinhbalo.com/guest_comment_lpg.html Navigate your way from there. The name is now SINHBALO. You can google that and check out the About Us for the guy who started it all.

#13 Posted: 13/5/2011 - 12:32

• mycroft47

Joined Travelfish
    4th August, 2012

For further clarification.

I am a Canadian who has been visiting Vietnam and/or living here since 1994. The original travel agency that started in the Sinh Cafe in De Tham Street in Saigon is now called (as mentioned above) The Sinh Tourist and is located at 246 De Tham Street, District 1 in the Pham Ngu Lao backpacker district (https://www.thesinhtourist.vn). I have used them and recommended them many times.

I have also used Sinh Balo (see tropixblue's post above) before and can recommend them as well (http://sinhbalo.com). I had not appreciated the connection with Sinh Cafe (see their About Us section). By the way, "ba lô" means "backpacker".

http://www.sinhcafe.com and http://www.sinhcafe.net are Hanoi-based companies who ripped-off Sinh Cafe's name and logo. I have no knowledge of their businesses.

Any other websites with "sinhcafe" in their names are also imposters.

#14 Posted: 4/8/2012 - 19:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Real Sinh Cafe = Real Bad and Terrible service! ... By doraemon on 21 Nov 2008 10 8020 13 May 2011
Suspicious reply from purported real Sinh Cafe ... By bluejay on 3 Oct 2009 10 6751 27 Jan 2011
Sinh Cafe -> Sinh Tourist? (or other travel agent recommendation) ... By smash on 5 Jan 2010 7 9241 28 Jan 2011
Sinh cafe....Sinh travel ... By foieslinger on 30 Jan 2010 4 2861 30 Jan 2010
Sinh cafe ... By jan1 on 14 Nov 2014 4 525 21 Nov 2014
Sinh Cafe Transport ... By David_Flick on 3 Jan 2012 11 10238 15 May 2014
WARNING: Faked Sinh Cafe Ha Noi ... By Nax on 21 Jan 2009 9 11756 10 Jun 2009
Bank transfer-Sinh Cafe ... By val1212 on 4 Feb 2009 4 2853 20 Mar 2010
Sinh Cafe Tour HCH - PP via Mekong Delta ... By Sunbird2 on 11 Mar 2007 2 3866 13 Mar 2007
Another Halong Bay question... Trekking Travel or Sinh Cafe (South Pacific) ... By nzchanty on 5 Mar 2008 13 8777 7 Jan 2010