Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Halong Bay to Danang and Hue

Posted by davidfoley on 17/6/2009 at 04:10

Does ayone know if it is possible togo from Halong Bay to Danang or Hue without going back to Hanoi
Bus or Taxi
Thanks

#1 davidfoley has been a member since 29/5/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by BruceMoon on 17/6/2009 at 05:54

davidfoley

There's a good road that by-passes HaNoi. And, there are local buses along the route - but at what speed I don't know. Halong City (note this is quite away from where the boats moor) to Haiphong, then another bus to Ninh Binh, then another to Vinh, then another to Hue.

It may be that one or more of the tourist bus companies run the link, but I don't know.

Unless you want to stop off along the way, it will be quicker and may be cheaper to go back to HaNoi. The tourist 'run' is generally a night one (the train does night, so people seem to get a night bus as well). So, if time is an issue, then HaNoi will be the necessary connector.

Hope this helps

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by davidfoley on 17/6/2009 at 17:08

Thanks Time will be a issue maybe i can try a Taxi

#3 davidfoley has been a member since 29/5/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by BruceMoon on 18/6/2009 at 06:31

davidfoley

Wow, tell me when you're going and I'll fly over and drive the taxi for you. The fare will be incredible!

#4 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by davidfoley on 19/6/2009 at 01:37

Thanks I'll forget the taxi looks like bus from Hanoi to Danang and Hue
then plane to Phnom Penh

#5 davidfoley has been a member since 29/5/2009. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.