Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

ho chi minh, da lat, nah trang

• eml924

Joined Travelfish
    16th April, 2009

Im thinking of hiring a scooter and riding from ho chi minh to nah trang for a couple of days via da lat and then head back.

Has anyone done this? or know if its possible? or would it be easier for me to just get a bus or train or fly.

was thinking the bike would be more fun and the best way to take in the sights.

#1 Posted: 22/6/2009 - 18:18

• Advertisement

• anhluc

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2009

I would suggest to make the best use of your time to fly to Nha Trang and then scooter up to Da Lat and then you can decide either to fly or scooter back to Sai Gon. I've been on the road from Sai Gon to Nha Trang a few times. If it's your first time to Viet Nam you might enjoy that, but it gets boring quickly. Never driven from Da Lat to Sai Gon, so I can't say. But the ride between Nha Trang and Da Lat isn't all that spectacular either, in my opinion but it may be funner on a scooter than in a van with the in-laws like I had to do it.

Contact the authentic Da Lat Easy Riders for prices and routes etc.

#2 Posted: 27/6/2009 - 01:16

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

eml924

Cannot say too loudly - DO NOT.

It'd be very dangerous, take too much time (buses are so much quicker), and the scenery isn't crash hot.

As anhluc suggests, either 'easy-rider' it, or bus it and hire moto's when there.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 27/6/2009 - 08:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.