Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

ho chi minh, da lat, nah trang

Posted by eml924 on 22/6/2009 at 18:18

Im thinking of hiring a scooter and riding from ho chi minh to nah trang for a couple of days via da lat and then head back.

Has anyone done this? or know if its possible? or would it be easier for me to just get a bus or train or fly.

was thinking the bike would be more fun and the best way to take in the sights.

#1 eml924 has been a member since 16/4/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by anhluc on 27/6/2009 at 01:16

I would suggest to make the best use of your time to fly to Nha Trang and then scooter up to Da Lat and then you can decide either to fly or scooter back to Sai Gon. I've been on the road from Sai Gon to Nha Trang a few times. If it's your first time to Viet Nam you might enjoy that, but it gets boring quickly. Never driven from Da Lat to Sai Gon, so I can't say. But the ride between Nha Trang and Da Lat isn't all that spectacular either, in my opinion but it may be funner on a scooter than in a van with the in-laws like I had to do it.

Contact the authentic Da Lat Easy Riders for prices and routes etc.

#2 anhluc has been a member since 15/5/2009. Posts: 32

Posted by BruceMoon on 27/6/2009 at 08:04

eml924

Cannot say too loudly - DO NOT.

It'd be very dangerous, take too much time (buses are so much quicker), and the scenery isn't crash hot.

As anhluc suggests, either 'easy-rider' it, or bus it and hire moto's when there.

Cheers

#3 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.