Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Arranging a cruise from Halong City?

Posted by TomSawyer on 1/7/2009 at 18:48

I plan to head to Halong City from Nanning China by bus, in just under 2 weeks. I arrive early afternoon can I arrange a cruise once I get there (for that day) or should I pre-arrange something first? I'm Australian, want something OK, sort of middle of the range not too fancy but not feral either, can anyone suggest anything and what prices to expect for a 2-3 night cruise?

#1 TomSawyer has been a member since 1/7/2009. Posts: 10

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/7/2009 at 08:26 admin

No need to pre-arrange, but I'd suggest you'd be overnighting in Halong City and taking a cruise the next day.

Cost varies tremendously -- from $20-$200+ per day. Check the feature stories on picking a Ha Long Bay tour (in the stories section above) for more information.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by rebeccafarrent on 2/7/2009 at 11:22

A friend of mine just coming back from Vietnam recommended us to book a cruise beforehand as there are hundreds of them all over the wharf and it will be very frustrating to pick one out right on the spot.

We're booked our flight tickets + first night acommodation + Halong bay in advance. As for most other tours, we just search, shortlist and plan to inquire the agents upon arrival.

Just wired a deposit for the Pinta Gold as recommended by my friend and most contributors on this forum.

The choice is yours. Good luck.

#3 rebeccafarrent has been a member since 2/5/2009. Posts: 37

Posted by TomSawyer on 2/7/2009 at 17:36

Ok, thanks your advice has been helpful, though I'm still not 100% sure how to pre arrange a cruise, though looking into it. ;)

#4 TomSawyer has been a member since 1/7/2009. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.