Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Nha Trang 1 week

• clarerarks

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2009

Hi All,
    W're looking to spend 5 nights in Nha Trang, do you think this is to long and are there any day trips anyone could reccommend to do?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 21/7/2009 - 12:52

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

clarerarks

As you'd know by now, I endorse hanging in a place and using it as a base to go cruise around.

I could easily spend 5 days (eating & sleeping) in Nha Trang .

I'd first hire a motorbike. And, after the obligatory look at the Long Son Pagoda, and a detour to Po Nagar Cham towers (amazing that this site has been occupied by various religions for nigh on 2000 years), I'd ride the foreshore north for a while.

Then there's Ba Ho falls. A bike ride there and back as well as a swim in the lovely mountain streams is great. On the way back, drop into the mud bath's and see what mud does for your complexion. There's a full day.

South of Nha Trang is Soi Tien, and the beautiful Cam Ranh Bay: that'd be a full day.

And, then there are also the islands, where a day boat trip is great. You could even organise to go snorkelling or diving in/around the islands.

Just north of Nha Trang is Jungle Beach - you can stay there also. Go see this post.

- - -

Oh, I'd love to hang in/around Nha Trang for 5 days. The 'mayor' of the city has made it a clean tourist focussed place. Yes, the front beach is bleagh!! And, the expensive hotels lining the front beach remind one of Vung Tau.

But the food & nightlife are good, and the seafood at the eateries lining Hon Chong Beach are especially wonderful.

- - -

Go enjoy.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 21/7/2009 - 14:40

• IsaacLam

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2009

We spent 4 days in Nha Trang in late June and having got a chace to spend a day for the island. I can't see any problem to you to spend 5 days there. We went to the market everyday in the morning and the bleach in late afternoon. See some 1 or 2 tourist interest places everyday. Then, 4 days gone!

Do spend sometimes in the fishing village in the north...

Have fun!

#3 Posted: 24/7/2009 - 11:19

• luchy1309

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2009
    Total reviews: 7

Posted from within Vietnam.

We just spent 4 nights in Nha Trang and could have easily spent more time there. There is plenty of stuff to do there and in nearby areas. Visit the pagodas and historical sites, the beach, the markets, bars and restaurants, the islands, there's diving (if you're into it), and it's a nice place to meet fellow travellers.

#4 Posted: 24/7/2009 - 15:03

• IsaacLam

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2009

Forgot to mention...

There is a "Art and Craft Centre" selling those "art" stuffs. Around 4-4.30pm, we found that 20+ locals (finally, we realised that they are the staff) standing in line. All of them were wearing the traditional Vietnamese cloth. I took a lot of photos during my stay. Do check it out! Very interesting.

#5 Posted: 29/7/2009 - 07:16

• clarerarks

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2009

Thanks so much for your replies, been very helpful, now to try and find accommodation.

#6 Posted: 29/7/2009 - 07:24

• missmessy

Click here to learn more about missmessy
    Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2009
    Location Australia

I would thoroughly recommend having a look at the Crazy Kim Bar whilst you're there. If you have a free morning, why not sign up to teach the local kids some English? I did it in 2001 and again a couple of years ago and both times had a morning I will remember for the rest of my life!

Visit http://roundgoestheworld.blogspot.com/2008/03/not-so-crazy-crazy-kim-bar-of-nha-trang.html for more info if you're interested.

You'll love Nha Trang, it's lovely!

#7 Posted: 29/7/2009 - 20:13

• noflyzone

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2010

Sorry to bump an old thread, but...

...I wouldn't really recommend the Crazy Kim English lessons based on our experience. We turned up, were told to wait in a room, and some kids filed in. They were of mixed age/ability (which isn't the end of the world) and we had no idea what they had been doing, no syllabus, structure, nothing. They'd apparently been taught some high level stuff, but their basic errors were numerous. It seemed very much as though there was no guidance or oversight. Whether this is true of the whole operation or whether we had bad luck it's hard to say, however it was sad to see a good idea thrown away. As a teacher, I think it's pretty shoddy

#8 Posted: 4/7/2010 - 10:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.