Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Flights between Hanoi and HCMC

• lolilu

Joined Travelfish
    22nd July, 2009

Hi - My friend and I want to fly from Hanoi to HCMC in mid-August. We were considering booking a flight before we leave the States, but a lot of people have warned us that it might be cheaper to book once we actually get into Vietnam. We've looked on Skyscanner and it looks like any non-stop flight is running around $315 per person (with Vietnam Airlines)! I checked what I believed to be Vietnam Airlines website (www.vietnamairlines.com/), and it quoted me a significantly lower price.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is better---to book now via the website or to wait and book while we are in Vietnam, either with a travel agency or directly with the Airlines?

Thanks,

Lauren

#1 Posted: 22/7/2009 - 02:28

• Advertisement

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

Hi Lauren,

Don't pay $315 - these flights are in the region of $100 in Vietnam!!

Wait till you are there, every man and his dog is a travel agent in Vietnam, so there will be no issues getting the tickets when in Hanoi.

#2 Posted: 22/7/2009 - 03:56

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Or look at booking with Jetstar (http://www.jetstar.com) they do it for around the $100 mark and can be booked easily from outside Vn.

#3 Posted: 22/7/2009 - 05:33

• Tweet22

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2009

I toured the country from North to South last year (May 2008) with Viet Nam airlines, and having done it 2 years previously, I decided to fly back up north instead. So from HCM City to Ha Noi, I paid 1.4million dong, with 100,000 dong being the agents fee. Exchange rate at the time meant this was about £46, which is about $77 at our current rate. Of course it maybe abit more now! But certainly not £315 worth.

#4 Posted: 24/7/2009 - 08:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.