admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've just deleted a few discussions related to specific Vietnamese tour operators/travel agents. In each case the operator mentioned has previously been banned from Travelfish because they've spammed the forum.

As far as I'm concerned, an operator that feels the need to spam a travel website or place "positive write-ups" of their business needs to do so solely because they offer poor service and this is the easiest way for them to beat up some business.

While I'd love to name and shame the operators concerned, I'm not going to -- primarily because that is only going to give them some of the profiling they so desperately appear to desire.

If you're a real-live-traveller who has used the services of one of the operators I've deleted and thinks they were great, I apologise for nuking your comments but once a business is banned on Travelfish, they're banned for good.

As I've mentioned in the past, we ban very very very few accounts, but the vast majority (currently over 90%) of those that we do ban, belong to Hanoi - or Hue -based travel agents.

If you've got a business you want to add to the site, use the Vietnam-additions section of the forum. Post once and don't bump the thread back up. If you've already been banned, please don't bother as you're not welcome in that section either.

These are really simple instructions to follow and the vast majority of businesses outside of Hanoi and Hue appear to be able to follow them without problem.

Thankyou.

#1 Posted: 24/7/2009 - 08:26

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Somtam

I respect and endorse your actions.

I come from a country where 'shaming' is a public affair.

I saw a series of 'posts' about a Vietnamese hotel from ppl in Vietnam. I wondered whether these 'posts' were inappropriate.

Removing 'posts' doesn't let me know who are the improper ppl.

I'd much rather you left the post, but superimposed strike out over the words. That way, I'd learn from your information.

For example...

an 'altered post' ala my suggestion...

I stay good hotel, very frendly host, very cheep, blah, blah, blah...

Cheers

#2 Posted: 24/7/2009 - 19:35

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Just a quick note to repeat -- posts concerning travel agents that have been banned from Travelfish will be deleted.

Tks

#3 Posted: 27/10/2009 - 10:57

• 10vEly

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2009

fair enough...it has been clearly stated in the signing up policy

#4 Posted: 27/10/2009 - 11:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vietnamese travel agents please read ... By somtam2000 on 22 Dec 2008 0 3228 4 Aug 2011
Online Vietnamese Travel Agents ... By cbeers on 9 Mar 2007 1 1856 10 Mar 2007
Travel agents in Trang ... By WonderingTsar on 4 Nov 2013 4 556 4 Nov 2013
good travel agents ... By aussiejohn on 7 Oct 2012 8 2120 9 May 2013
Travel agents Chiang Mai ... By jerim on 25 Sep 2008 2 1719 28 Sep 2008
Laos guides and travel agents ... By L100 on 7 Jul 2013 0 554 7 Jul 2013