Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

New Years in central Vietnam

• Rohan

Joined Travelfish
    16th June, 2009

I will be in Vietnam for NYE this year (Western NYE not Tet). I have read some posts about NYE in Saigon, but I am likely to be in central Vietnam as the full moon festival in Hoi An is on 29 December and I would like to see it.

Does anyone know if anything happens in that region for NYE? I expect Hoi An and Hue are the most likely candidates given the number of western tourists who pass through.

#1 Posted: 7/8/2009 - 09:14

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Rohan

I suggest you've answered your own question. But, I think Hoi An is more oriented to NYE as it's much more party central. And, as long as it aint wet, I suggest the foreshore at D Bach Dang will be rocking!

Cheers

#2 Posted: 7/8/2009 - 11:36

• Rohan

Joined Travelfish
    16th June, 2009

Thanks Bruce.

I had a feeling that Hoi An may be the place to be, but I did have a fear NYE may just be totally ignored in Vietnam outside of Saigon.

#3 Posted: 7/8/2009 - 12:23

• tingers

Joined Travelfish
    9th April, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Check out Sea Mile Club down at the beach. Spent NYE there a few years ago, we had a good time. They have a band and there's a swimming pool - people were swimming in their underwear then dancing in the club half naked and dripping wet, highly entertaining. Some people were swimming fully clothed.

#4 Posted: 7/8/2009 - 15:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.