Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Jungle Beach or Wildbeach?

• jemcandance

Joined Travelfish
    8th August, 2009

Hello,
    My partner and I are heading from Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang in mid November. She has never travelled before and is anxious about safety issues. I was reading about Jungle Beach and think it looks fantastic but i was wondering how safe it is and where do you keep your valuables?

we would like to stay at Jungle Beach but are also considering WildBeach resort. which one would you suggest?

thanks!

#1 Posted: 8/8/2009 - 09:19

• Advertisement

• anhluc

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2009

Jungle Beach and Wild Beach - to tell you the truth I had not heard of either of them and I've been to Nha Trang four times in the past 3 years. I did a bit of searching and realized where they are at. My question to you - do you really want to be in the middle of nowhere with almost no travellers in sight, and little to no activity other than sleeping and sunbathing? If so, then visit tripadvisor.com and see what others have said about both of the places.

I know the type of places these are, I stayed in one in Tuy Hoa last April. They were built as a dream or vision of the owner, the only drawback - their locations are such that they can't attract a regular and steady enough clientele to make the properties really work and and so everything is really hit and miss.

One note, they give their distance and travel time from Nha Trang, but the Nha Trang airport is almost an additional 30 minutes further away from these properties. Make sure you know how far it is from the airport itself, if you plan on flying to Nha Trang that is.

Do us all a favor and give us a report when you get back and let us know what you found out/discovered. I like this location, just far enough from Nha Trang, and still just far enough from my in-laws a bit further North. I'd like to know if it is a viable place for me to get away from everyone.

Have a good trip.

#2 Posted: 8/8/2009 - 10:53

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

jemcandance

You raise two points: (1) which is better Jungle or Wildbeach, and (2) the safety of your valuables.

On Jungle Beach, I suppose you've read this post here, if not, there are a heap of 'posts' here (Jungle Beach email - syl@dng.vnn.vn)

Wild Beach is in the same location and further around the same peninsula (and further on from Jungle Beach). But, at US$53 / night, it aint cheap. A webpage is here and email details here.

I haven't been to either, so I can't comment.

anhluc notes that aside from the beach, and beach related activities, there isn't much happening. While this is true, at least those that make it there don't have the maddening throng of travellers loitering and littering.

- - - -

As far as safety is concerned, in a global context Vietnam is quite a safe place for tourists. Sure there will be petty crime in the major cities, but overall you shouldn't incur problems IF...

When I write IF, I mean that you don't leave valuables lying around, you don't flash heaps of money, AND you don't take the finest jewelry on your tour.

As for deposit boxes in either location. You'll have to contact the owners to ask.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 8/8/2009 - 14:36

• jemcandance

Joined Travelfish
    8th August, 2009

thanks guys,
    i appreciate your advice and effort. will let you know how it goes if we make it there!

thanks again

#4 Posted: 8/8/2009 - 21:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Jungle Beach ... By thegingerbird on 12 May 2008 5 2400 13 May 2008
How to reach Jungle Beach ... By harrietwilson on 28 May 2009 6 10064 2 Aug 2012
Advice for Cambodia to Indonesia for beach/jungle ... By Debbyc on 9 Aug 2014 2 610 16 Aug 2014