Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Flower festival Da Lat

Posted by KazAussie on 8/8/2009 at 15:56

Has anybody experienced the flower festival in Da Lat. Is it worth re-jigging the itinerary in order to see it. This link http://english.vovnews.vn/Home/Da-Lat-Flower-Festival-to-mark-Thang-LongHanois-1000th-anniversary/20097/106207.vov means it will be on while we are in Vietnam. It will mean altering our plans, and paying out some extra dollars, so just after your opinions.

#1 KazAussie has been a member since 18/7/2009. Posts: 221

Posted by anhluc on 9/8/2009 at 06:12

Each year the Da Lat flower festival normally coincides with Tet. 2010, it looks like the will be getting a jump on things. Anyway, I was in Da Lat over Tet in 2007. Would I rearrange me schedule to make sure I was there, no. And truthfully I'm a guy who loves to look at flowers, both naturalized and arranged. My in-laws (locals in central Viet Nam), even said it was anti-climatic.

Be aware that the actual date of the 1000th anniversary is 10/10/2010. I've been looking for info on programs and festivities, if anyone knows about any, let me know.

#2 anhluc has been a member since 15/5/2009. Posts: 32

Posted by BruceMoon on 9/8/2009 at 07:01

Kaz

I haven't been there for that 'event', but given what I'd seen at Dalat re: flowers, I'd agree. Possibly not worth the effort.

At least not in terms of Floriade, Ellerslie, or Chelsea.

- - -

ps.

Go read the latest post here here/

Cheers

#3 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.