Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Flower festival Da Lat

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Has anybody experienced the flower festival in Da Lat. Is it worth re-jigging the itinerary in order to see it. This link http://english.vovnews.vn/Home/Da-Lat-Flower-Festival-to-mark-Thang-LongHanois-1000th-anniversary/20097/106207.vov means it will be on while we are in Vietnam. It will mean altering our plans, and paying out some extra dollars, so just after your opinions.

#1 Posted: 8/8/2009 - 15:56

• Advertisement

• anhluc

Joined Travelfish
    15th May, 2009

Each year the Da Lat flower festival normally coincides with Tet. 2010, it looks like the will be getting a jump on things. Anyway, I was in Da Lat over Tet in 2007. Would I rearrange me schedule to make sure I was there, no. And truthfully I'm a guy who loves to look at flowers, both naturalized and arranged. My in-laws (locals in central Viet Nam), even said it was anti-climatic.

Be aware that the actual date of the 1000th anniversary is 10/10/2010. I've been looking for info on programs and festivities, if anyone knows about any, let me know.

#2 Posted: 9/8/2009 - 06:12

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Kaz

I haven't been there for that 'event', but given what I'd seen at Dalat re: flowers, I'd agree. Possibly not worth the effort.

At least not in terms of Floriade, Ellerslie, or Chelsea.

- - -

ps.

Go read the latest post here here/

Cheers

#3 Posted: 9/8/2009 - 07:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.